Windows 10: Chrome icon double/blank in right-click menu

Discus and support Chrome icon double/blank in right-click menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey guys! New here and searched your forums for this issue but found no results so, I decided to make a thread, hoping you could help me out. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CueCarbon, Jul 13, 2021.

1. CueCarbon Win User

Chrome icon double/blank in right-click menu

Hey guys! New here and searched your forums for this issue but found no results so, I decided to make a thread, hoping you could help me out. I have windows 10 pro and have installed Google Chrome browser. When I went to set Chrome as the default browser in the apps section, it shows Chrome twice in the selection of programs menu. But one of the icons is missing, and has the generic windows icon. Normally this would not bother me except my last Windows 7 computer got hit with some nasty malware so Im a little bit PTSD, if you will ha. Any idea what is maybe happening and how I can remedy this? Thank you!

:)

CueCarbon, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Thanks!! Much simpler than the previous response. Good reason to read all of these suggestions first!

BarnabasPath, Jul 13, 2021
  4. wendell Win User

Start Menu and Blank icons. Literally.

I can't open the start menu and I don't know why. The only thing I can do to it is right-click, nothing else. I cannot left-click it or even use the windows button. Also, there are two of my apps - Store and Microsoft Edge - have a blank icon. I can't open them nor unpin them to the taskbar. Please help. *Sad

Chrome icon double/blank in right-click menu [​IMG]

If you look at the taskbar the blank icons are between media player and google chrome.

wendell, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Chrome icon double/blank in right-click menu - Similar Threads - Chrome icon double

2. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  3. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  4. Custom Icons in Right Click menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Icons in Right Click menu.: [ATTACH] Hello! Is possible to add custom icons to the right click menu options (example screenshot)? Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qmuv6tpve2l61.png?width=215&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff27929f918cba85ad59deafc6b3aad981d2d1bc submitted by /u/_TopComp_ [link]...
  5. Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double-Click Hold for Right-Click: Hey everyone. I don't know if this is quite the most relevant subreddit for this question, but it was the closest I could think of. I recently purchased an air mouse with lots of useful hotkeys and a handheld keyboard that make it really good for couch PC use, but it's...
  6. Right-click Explorer Menu for Adobe are blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-click Explorer Menu for Adobe are blank: When I right-click in windows explorer (Windows10) on file(s) I should see menu item(s) from my Adobe std 9 installation such as convert to pdf and combine files but instead there are just blank lines. The functions are still there but the text does not show up. I uninstalled...
  7. Right click often has blank context menu or partials?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click often has blank context menu or partials?: I'm running Windows 10 x64.. with very little installed outside of Office 2013 and Visual Studio 2015. Every once in awhile I run into a situation where my right clicks no longer result in a context menu being visable.. at least mostly.. particularly when you right click...
  8. Taskbar elements | right click blank menu (very strange)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar elements | right click blank menu (very strange): Hello! I am using Windows 10 LTSB [MSDN] (version 1607 with latest updates).I have a strange bag. When I click right button on the program icon and in context menu again right click on the menu item - I get an blank menu. Why is this a strange mistake? Video will bring...
  9. Blank Right Click menu's and blank popups after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Right Click menu's and blank popups after Creators update: Have tried upgrading to Creators several different ways including just letting it upgrade through windows update and clean install. In every case, I end up with blank screens for right-click options and popups with be blank with button shells and no text. Explorer is blank as...
  10. Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc...

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc...: So as the title says.... When right clicking a link in whatever web browser I am using I get a blank screen.( For example, if I want to open the link in a new tab) I can see the outline of the screen and after 10-15 seconds it may show up. I don't know what has caused this...