Windows 10: Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45

Discus and support Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Speed is one of the founding principles of Chrome. As the web evolves and sites take advantage of increasing capabilities, Chrome’s performance—how... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45

Speed is one of the founding principles of Chrome. As the web evolves and sites take advantage of increasing capabilities, Chrome’s performance—how fast pages load, how smooth scrolling is, how much memory is consumed, and how long your battery lasts—becomes even more important. So in the latest release of Chrome we’ve included a ton of improvements to make your browsing use less memory and power.

Chrome has long had the option to “continue where you left off” by restoring tabs when you relaunch Chrome. Now, Chrome is smarter about restoring your tabs more efficiently. Tabs are restored from most to least recently viewed, so you get to see the most important tabs faster. And Chrome will now detect if your computer is running low on resources and stop restoring the rest of your tabs to save you precious memory. You can always click to restore them if you'd like to access them later.

Read more: http://chrome.blogspot.de/2015/09/ch...-and-more.html

:)

Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015

2. Browsers goes up to 2500 MB of memory!

Microsoft didn't do this, it's normal.

Chrome in fact just released another browser update that intentionally makes it use even more memory than before. See

Why Chrome Uses So Much RAM
    or Chrome 63 is more secure than ever --
    and uses even more memory than ever before
    . Edge and other browsers are doing the same thing. It's not "bloat", it's an intentional design made to make your browser run faster, which requires more memory.

--

Memory is meant to be used, and these programs are leveraging it as much as they can to improve your experience.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 5, 2015
  3. Edge and Favorites Bar

You can see all your favorites on the Favorites Bar in Chrome as well, so I guess I'll go back to Chrome even though windows says Edge is "more efficient"!?

Eagles_Talon, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45

1. Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45 - Similar Threads - Chrome improvements faster

2. Chrome and Edge in Efficiency mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge in Efficiency mode: I have a problem with google chrome and edge which if I use it for a long time and use a lot of tabs, chrome doesn't work and it goes into efficiency mode in the task manager, and if I open a new tab I try to browse it just spinsHow to disable and make the chrome can run...
  3. Chrome and Edge in Efficiency mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Edge in Efficiency mode: I have a problem with google chrome and edge which if I use it for a long time and use a lot of tabs, chrome doesn't work and it goes into efficiency mode in the task manager, and if I open a new tab I try to browse it just spinsHow to disable and make the chrome can run...
  4. Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps: Both Microsoft and Google are working on new features to improve the web apps experience on Windows 10 and other desktop platforms. For those unaware, PWAs or web apps are web pages that can be installed like native apps with support for offline viewing, push notifications,...
  5. Advanced memory management and more performance improvements in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Advanced memory management and more performance improvements in Chrome: Boosting performance while adding features, functionality, and improving security, requires deep and continuous investment. Today’s post is the first in a series this year that will go into more technical detail about Chrome's ongoing efforts around performance....
  6. Building a faster, leaner, and more efficient Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a faster, leaner, and more efficient Microsoft Edge: Performance is essential to your success, which makes it core to ours. To help ensure the browser doesn’t slow you down, we always keep performance in mind as we continue to improve Microsoft Edge. We’re always working to make Microsoft Edge faster and...
  7. Chrome Web Store

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome Web Store: When I try to view extensions in Chrome Web Store, I get an almost blank screen. When the web store opens, I see the name of the extension at the top of the page and below that, a big square as if there should be something in it outlined in blue followed by details of the...
  8. Is Chrome Really Faster Now

in Browsers and Email
    Is Chrome Really Faster Now: I wonder why MS even put it in Windows 10?? Because there are many proprietary Share Point Server functions that ONLY work in IE and only designed to work there, and no other browser. Many companies use Share Point in their internal networks and depend on both IE and Share...
  9. Web Site & Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Web Site & Chrome: This is an image of a draft web site page (index.html) online via Chrome. Problem is the table is central not to the left and it wont go to where it actually is. I tried it in Edge, its was perfect, I tried it in IE, it was perfect, so why is Chrome showing it off to the...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?: Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It's got a lighter design, it's blazing fast and Cortana is baked right into it. Edge washes away everything we hated about Internet Explorer, but how does it compare to Google Chrome, the world's...