Windows 10: Chrome instead IE

Discus and support Chrome instead IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I have several links created with Internet Explorer. (links are Website and not Url) I now work with chrom. My question is how to ensure... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pmai, Aug 23, 2015.

1. pmai Win User

Chrome instead IE

Hi all,

I have several links created with Internet Explorer. (links are Website and not Url)
    I now work with chrom.
    My question is how to ensure that these links are embarking with chrom and not internet explorer

Thank you

:)

2. Microsoft Apps 2.01 install fails on N8

Try installing Chrome on your pc instead of IE. That would help you alot believe me..

Vladonexxx, Aug 23, 2015
  3. m3g4---01 Win User
    E72 nokia messaging site?

thanks, i solved using IE instead of Chrome, seems it have some problems running it.

thanks again

m3g4---01, Aug 23, 2015
  4. capSAR Win User

Chrome instead IE

If you go to your settings from the start menu, then to System, you can select the default program that you want for your internet browser. See here:
    Chrome instead IE [​IMG]

capSAR, Aug 23, 2015
  5. pmai Win User
    Hello,
    I have set this parameter to Chrome but when I click on a link that I had created with IE, it launches IE but not Chrome.

6. capSAR Win User
    By saying you created the link with IE, did you copy it out of the browser? Links to websites should be handled the same between browsers.

capSAR, Aug 23, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    it is always good to see what others are doing... tks...

acmanten, Aug 23, 2015
  8. pmai Win User

Chrome instead IE

To link in IE11, I slip the link to my desktop and create an icon that contains the link.
    When I click on this icon then it opens in IE11 and this is normal.
    Now I want that opens in Chrome when I click the same icon.
    That is my question.

pmai, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome instead IE

1. Chrome instead IE - Similar Threads - Chrome instead

2. Microsoft will pay you if you use Edge instead of Chrome on Windows 11, Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will pay you if you use Edge instead of Chrome on Windows 11, Windows 10: Following adverts being run on Outlook for iOS, Microsoft is now rolling out more advertisements promoting Microsoft Edge. This time on Windows. Microsoft has started testing new advertisements to push its Chromium-based Edge to Windows 10 and 11 users. Ads for Edge on...
  3. Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...: I have yahoo.com for my home page. I would like to have the same page open when I open a new tab. Instead it opens to Yahoo Search -Web Search chrome://newtab....
  4. Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...: I have yahoo.com for my home page. I would like to have the same page open when I open a new tab. Instead it opens to Yahoo Search -Web Search chrome://newtab....
  5. Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Tried Migrating to Edge instead of Chrome on a Fresh Windows Install, but Youtube Doesn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried Migrating to Edge instead of Chrome on a Fresh Windows Install, but Youtube Doesn't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wontons [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6qgbi/tried_migrating_to_edge_instead_of_chrome_on_a/
  7. Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?: Title says it all really. Appreciate any advice! submitted by /u/Shapebuster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0epoy/is_it_possible_to_make_cortana_to_use_google/
  8. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.: Whenever I try to open any pdf from my computernot the web in a browser, be it edge, edge dev or chrome it starts downloading pdf again and saves it in downloads folder. When I would open it again it would start downloading again and overwrite the previously downloaded...
  9. I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp

in Browsers and Email
    I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp: A few things I cant open when on Windows Exp and have to go to Google Chrome to open. New for a few months. A few sites, when I click "more" I get an error message, so I switch to google for that, 162706
  10. I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp

in Windows 10 Support
    I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp: A few things I cant open when on Windows Exp and have to go to Google Chrome to open. New for a few months. A few sites, when I click "more" I get an error message, so I switch to google for that, 162706