Windows 10: Chrome instead IE

Discus and support Chrome instead IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I have several links created with Internet Explorer. (links are Website and not Url) I now work with chrom. My question is how to ensure... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pmai, Aug 23, 2015.

1. pmai Win User

Chrome instead IE

Hi all,

I have several links created with Internet Explorer. (links are Website and not Url)
    I now work with chrom.
    My question is how to ensure that these links are embarking with chrom and not internet explorer

Thank you

:)

2. Microsoft Apps 2.01 install fails on N8

Try installing Chrome on your pc instead of IE. That would help you alot believe me..

Vladonexxx, Aug 23, 2015
  3. m3g4---01 Win User
    E72 nokia messaging site?

thanks, i solved using IE instead of Chrome, seems it have some problems running it.

thanks again

m3g4---01, Aug 23, 2015
  4. capSAR Win User

Chrome instead IE

If you go to your settings from the start menu, then to System, you can select the default program that you want for your internet browser. See here:
    Chrome instead IE [​IMG]

capSAR, Aug 23, 2015
  5. pmai Win User
    Hello,
    I have set this parameter to Chrome but when I click on a link that I had created with IE, it launches IE but not Chrome.

6. capSAR Win User
    By saying you created the link with IE, did you copy it out of the browser? Links to websites should be handled the same between browsers.

capSAR, Aug 23, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    it is always good to see what others are doing... tks...

acmanten, Aug 23, 2015
  8. pmai Win User

Chrome instead IE

To link in IE11, I slip the link to my desktop and create an icon that contains the link.
    When I click on this icon then it opens in IE11 and this is normal.
    Now I want that opens in Chrome when I click the same icon.
    That is my question.

pmai, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome instead IE

1. Chrome instead IE - Similar Threads - Chrome instead

2. Tried Migrating to Edge instead of Chrome on a Fresh Windows Install, but Youtube Doesn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried Migrating to Edge instead of Chrome on a Fresh Windows Install, but Youtube Doesn't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wontons [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6qgbi/tried_migrating_to_edge_instead_of_chrome_on_a/
  3. Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?: Title says it all really. Appreciate any advice! submitted by /u/Shapebuster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0epoy/is_it_possible_to_make_cortana_to_use_google/
  4. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.: Whenever I try to open any pdf from my computernot the web in a browser, be it edge, edge dev or chrome it starts downloading pdf again and saves it in downloads folder. When I would open it again it would start downloading again and overwrite the previously downloaded...
  5. I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp

in Browsers and Email
    I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp: A few things I cant open when on Windows Exp and have to go to Google Chrome to open. New for a few months. A few sites, when I click "more" I get an error message, so I switch to google for that, 162706
  6. I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp

in Windows 10 Support
    I have to use Google chrome sometimes instead of Win Exp: A few things I cant open when on Windows Exp and have to go to Google Chrome to open. New for a few months. A few sites, when I click "more" I get an error message, so I switch to google for that, 162706
  7. chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar: This problem has to do with the flags. I have read extensively on the chrome support forum about this problem. None of the so called solutions work. I understand there is a flag that will disable something so that the search stays in the search bar where it belongs. There...
  8. Chrome Bug- Control+W will close entire Chrome window instead of tab.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Bug- Control+W will close entire Chrome window instead of tab.: Searching the internet, I can see that this issue has been reported many time before but I actually have seen an actual answer to it. It would be nice if Chrome officially responds to it since it seems like a prevalent problem that's been reported over 10 years ago. A few...
  9. "Your Phone" App uses Edge instead of Chrome for sharing Website

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Your Phone" App uses Edge instead of Chrome for sharing Website: I'd like to use Chrome as my default browser when I share my website from my Android Phone to my Window PC, I've set Chrome as my default browser already but it doesn't seem to be work while using "Your Phone". Is there any way to fix it? Thanks!...
  10. In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....: From last 1 week i have tried to open google chrome but it always opens Mozilla firefox ,i have tried changing defaults and have tried to delete firefox but nothing work.I have to work on google but it won't let me open chrome.Please help,Thanks...