Windows 10: Chrome is #1--Literally

Discus and support Chrome is #1--Literally in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The numbers are in for April 2016, and YES, Google Chrome has passed Internet Explorer as the world’s most popular browser! Chrome has 41.66% to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vince Massi, May 1, 2016.

1. Chrome is #1--Literally

The numbers are in for April 2016, and YES, Google Chrome has passed Internet Explorer as the world’s most popular browser!

Chrome has 41.66% to Explorer’s 41.35%.

At 9.76%, Firefox is #3.

Safari passed Edge and now holds 4.91%.

Opera, under new ownership, at 1.89%

I was surprised to see that Edge, which last month was the world’s fastest-growing browser, dropped below .5% and isn’t even listed. Another tracking site stated “Edge is used by less than 0.1% of all the websites whose traffic analysis tool we know.”

:)

Vince Massi, May 1, 2016

2. How can I import Bookmarks and Save Passwords from Google Chrome to Edge Browser?

Literally , the only thing keeping me from switching to edge after Chrome has become so unstable of late...

vinayshiva, May 1, 2016
  3. I can not download Google Chrome

None of those work.

Ok, let me say it again. Whenever I go to download google chrome, I press the button that says "Download Chrome". Literally nothing happens, not even any loading, lagging, etc.

Just nothing.

VampireLord208, May 1, 2016
  4. Chrome is #1--Literally

Now, the numbers make sense!

According to PCWorld:
    In fairness, Microsoft itself is now deemphasizing Internet Explorer in favor of Edge, its new browser for Windows 10. But as ZDNet notes, NetMarketShare’s figures for Internet Explorer include usage for Edge, which by itself stands at 4.39 percent.

So, at 4.39%, Edge is at #5. But PCWorld also reports (and usage records show) that most 10 users have rejected Edge as their primary browser.

Vince Massi, May 2, 2016
  5. If my math is correct, 30.55% of Windows 10 users are using Edge. Although this is a decline from last month, it would still make Edge the fastest-growing browser since 10 was released last year.

Now consider that most 10 users upgraded, and their preferred browsers upgraded with them. That means that a lot of people are choosing to switch to Edge.

The major cause for Explorer's popularity is that it comes pre-installed with Windows. It works; Why rock the boat? Yet less than half of Windows users prefer it.

Vince Massi, May 2, 2016
  6. dustymars Win User
    No surprise to me; Edge is worse than the first browser I had in my 1970's vintage Osborne!

dustymars, May 8, 2016
  7. Smiley1 Win User
    I've tried Edge a couple of times. On a shopping website, I found it was unable to perform a what was a simple function in all of my other browsers--viewing a catalogue item in full screen.

I'm going back and forth between Opera and Chrome these days. Opera just added a native ad blocker and they'll be adding a VPN soon, which is interesting. Spouse uses Firefox and we've both used Firefox for many years now.

Smiley1, May 8, 2016
  8. dustymars Win User

Chrome is #1--Literally

Reluctantly I am setting up Chrome on my PC so when M$ decides to take my IE11 away then Chrome will be familiar to me. Edge is too bare bones for me and it does not support my ID vault and other functions common in other browsers. It's like M$ has returned to DOS days. Chrome just does not appeal to me for some reason, not sure why. Maybe because Google changed some of their features, like HTML support and other things.

dustymars, May 8, 2016
  9. Smiley1 Win User
    Is there some reason you are not using Firefox? I don't say that in a 'challenging' way, just curious. I've been using Opera simply because I just want my own settings according to my own interests. Spouse prefers Firefox because he's familiar with it. I recently went to Chrome because Opera was really slow to load Facebook, but if Opera's native adblocker works, I might change back.

I was disappointed in Edge, actually.

Smiley1, May 9, 2016
  10. dustymars Win User
    No, just that she likes IE11. We both used Firefox back years ago and it worked okay, but forgot why we went back to IE. Maybe I will put it on her PC. Funny, my PC is the exact same as here, but I upgraded to 10 a few months ago and just recently hers. Clicking on the icon goes nowhere -- it just does not load. Like it is blocked. I really do not want to repair or recover her PC so she will get used the Chrome. Really tired of installing this stuff.

dustymars, May 9, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    And how about a link??

BunnyJ, May 9, 2016
  12. Resistance is futile, Dusty. You will be assimilated. I switched to Edge and it works fine.

Vince Massi, May 9, 2016
  13. dustymars Win User

Chrome is #1--Literally

I just setup Firefox and will diddle with it for awhile. It works okay on my wife's PC. Edge is too bare bones. Norton's vault does not work in Edge. That's just a tiny bit of my dissatisfaction with it.

dustymars, May 9, 2016
  14. prikker Win User
    So what? Firefox (Fx 47 64 bit beta 4) for me. I only use Chrome for watching American Football, because Fx and flash sucks.

uBlock origin, I don't care about cookies, TMP, Thumbnail Zoom Plus and Nightly Tester Tools.

prikker, May 9, 2016
  15. Vince Massi, May 9, 2016
Thema:

Chrome is #1--Literally

1. Chrome is #1--Literally - Similar Threads - Chrome Literally

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  4. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Chrome borked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome borked: I fire up my laptop this AM to start work as chrome is brokenthankfully I had an installer o a USB stickI naturally accuse Redmond of being over zealous and shoving Edge down everyone's throat...
  6. Chrome borked

Chrome borked: I fire up my laptop this AM to start work as chrome is brokenthankfully I had an installer o a USB stickI naturally accuse Redmond of being over zealous and shoving Edge down everyone's throat...
  7. Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...: I was having problems getting the notifications pane in Windows 11 to show up at all and would infinitely load and I reset Windows 11 Notifications with this guide. But now when I try to enable notifications for Chrome, the option is completely missing. I do not see it at...
  8. Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...

Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...: I was having problems getting the notifications pane in Windows 11 to show up at all and would infinitely load and I reset Windows 11 Notifications with this guide. But now when I try to enable notifications for Chrome, the option is completely missing. I do not see it at...
  9. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....
  10. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....