Windows 10: Chrome is not being blocked

Discus and support Chrome is not being blocked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Google Chrome "blocked" in all of my children's accounts but they can still use chrome on their computers. How do i fix this?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JDan7, Jul 15, 2020.

1. JDan7 Win User

Chrome is not being blocked

I have Google Chrome "blocked" in all of my children's accounts but they can still use chrome on their computers. How do i fix this?

:)

JDan7, Jul 15, 2020

2. In Windows 10 does Microsoft Family block adult content in Chrome?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about blocking adult content on Google Chrome as it6 was working fine before the update to 1511, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to re-configure those settings as you have performed previously and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the browser from Programs and features, reinstall it from the website and try to reconfigure it.

You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Google Chrome
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Try to download Google Chrome from the below link using Internet Explorer

Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google

Step 2: As you are facing issues with pop-ups on Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to turn on Block pop-ups option and check if it helps.

Please follow the below steps to do so:

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action ("...") at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on View advanced settings
      under Advanced settings.
    • Then simply slide the Block Pop Ups
      to the off position.

Step 3: You can also provide your valuable feedback to Microsoft.
    Follow the steps below to write a feedback:

1. Type Feedback in the
    Search
    box on the Task bar.

2. Select Windows Feedback.

3. Click on Add new feedback
    and write your feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Port is being blocked

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

Upon researching, this seems like an issue due to the port scan. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Login to your Netgear
      NX6200 Extender GUI
    • Click on Advanced tab and choose
      WAN Setup
    • Check the box for Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection.
    • Allow it to update and check if the port is still being blocked.

However, if the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    equipped with knowledge on port forwarding.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Chrome is not being blocked

Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Chrome is not being blocked

1. Chrome is not being blocked - Similar Threads - Chrome being blocked

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Google Chrome blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome blocked: Hi! Every time I try to open google chrome, it keeps on saying that I need permission. I selected the "ask email" option, but I checked all of my emails within my family and none of them receive an email from you guys yet. Also I don't know why I'm having this problem now....
  4. Google Chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome blocked: Google Chrome has been blocked by Windows 10 Pro April 2021 updates. I worked with Dell technical support for several hours, and they concluded it was the Windows update that is causing the problem....
  5. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  6. Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked: I have tried to lock down my son's windows environment with Microsoft Family. I have blocked Chrome along with almost all the other apps. The only allowed browser is edge with only whitelisted sites allowed. This worked. However, recently I have caught him playing games...
  7. Actions being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions being blocked: I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says administrator has blocked access through the Controlled folder access of the Windows Security Ransomeware Protection. Should I...
  8. Google Chrome is being graphics blocked!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome is being graphics blocked!: Today, when I open Chrome and run it for a while then suddenly a ton a messages saying "chrome.exe is blocked from using graphics" . Later, I opened it again and the messages appears. I tried to get help and feedback, but nothing happens. I hope you guys help me or else I...
  9. Port is being blocked

Port is being blocked: For context I have used the port in the past on different computers just fine, I have port forwarded in the past with no issue. For some odd reason yesterday my port 25565 was being blocked for no reason, I ended up having the reset my router (ISP instructions) and my Netgear...
  10. chrome blocked

chrome blocked: I cannot get pictures that were downloaded,says chrome blocked on this computer.Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-blocked/07a68572-b5a0-488e-8c9e-d3f29797a1aa"