Windows 10: Chrome is showing a persistent bar

Discus and support Chrome is showing a persistent bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Russainian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fukk5c/chrome_is_showing_a_persistent_bar/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Russainian, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Chrome is showing a persistent bar

/u/Russainian, Apr 3, 2020

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Chrome is showing a persistent bar

Favorites Bar

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Please provide us the required information to help you better:

Which browser are you referring to?

Please follow the steps to not shows items in Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge:

• Select More actions (…) on the address bar, then Settings.

• Turn off Show favorites bar.
    And to do the same in Internet Explorer:

• In Internet Explorer, right-click any empty space in the area above the address bar.

• Select Favorites bar.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the required information if issue persists.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Chrome is showing a persistent bar

1. Chrome is showing a persistent bar - Similar Threads - Chrome showing persistent

2. Chrome bookmark bar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome bookmark bar: Anyone any idea why these two icons that look like a globe in the bookmark bar in Google chrome appear like this? [img] 172882
  3. Chrome bookmark bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome bookmark bar: Anyone any idea why these two icons that look like a globe in the bookmark bar in Google chrome appear like this? [img] 172882
  4. Massive media bar (no chrome).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive media bar (no chrome).: Last week my media bar became massive and takes forever to disappear. Unlike every other thread I’ve found online, I don’t use Chrome, so I don’t think that’s a factor (I tried the Chrome fix, and it didn’t work). How do I shrink the media controls? (Looks like this, but...
  5. Bookmarks Bar In Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks Bar In Chrome: Hello! Is there a way to add an additional 'Bookmarks Bar' under the normal one in Chrome? Just so you all know, I'm not trying to be a mooch. If I see a thread asking about something I can help with, I'm there. 162310
  6. chrome is not showing now

in Browsers and Email
    chrome is not showing now: ok i moved my hard drive from a toshiba laptop over to a hp probook laptop and now i can't get the chrome browser to show. i deleted the chrome folder one file at a time as windows could not remove it. and then reinstalled it. same thing. what is going on is when i click...
  7. chrome is not showing now

in Windows 10 Support
    chrome is not showing now: ok i moved my hard drive from a toshiba laptop over to a hp probook laptop and now i can't get the chrome browser to show. i deleted the chrome folder one file at a time as windows could not remove it. and then reinstalled it. same thing. what is going on is when i click...
  8. warning bar flash chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    warning bar flash chrome: I understand that this is about Chrome but is there any way to keep the warning bar about the expiration of Flash from opening every single time I log on to my laptop. The expiration is a year away and they apparently want to torment people for a year. I still use it for...
  9. Menu bar in Chrome.

in Browsers and Email
    Menu bar in Chrome.: I want the usual menu at the top of the browser window. Why am I not able to do that? I also can't find the preferences that change details like the color of a selected link. 36470
  10. Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome: How to: Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome Hide or Show Scheme and WWW Subdomains of URLs in Google Chrome Address Bar Starting with Google Chrome 69, Google has decided to hide the scheme (ex: "HTTPS:") and trivial subdomains (ex" "WWW"...