Windows 10: Chrome is stuck on dark mode

Discus and support Chrome is stuck on dark mode in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jimmy9190, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Jimmy9190 Win User

Chrome is stuck on dark mode

I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change it and even the flag chrome://flags and dark mode did not help. I would appreciate if anyone has any help on this.I am on Windows 2004, all updates current. The problem is not present in Edge so I know its not any of my Windows settings. Thanks.

Jimmy

:)

Jimmy9190, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Feb 28, 2021
  3. CChamp Win User
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

My wife had the dark mode on her computer and wanted to swap back to regular. I found this fix and it worked well.
    Put this in your browser address bar without the quotes "chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark" and make sure the switch is on "Default". Hope this works for you.

CChamp, Feb 28, 2021
  4. keys Win User

My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode

My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode, I can change to dark and I get the task bar settings back (I get white text and icons), but when I change both options (windows mode and app mode) to light, the checkbox for accent colour on task is greyed out. My taskbar shows dark text and icons in light mode whether I have a dark or light background image

Chrome is stuck on dark mode [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Duh! Figured out the default should in fact be dark mode. I thought it was light by default, but it's the other way around. No wonder I couldn't tick the box to apply accent colour to taskbar! It's not really obvious in the settings. Has the transparency setting changed? It's been a while since I tinkered around with my colours and settings. I seem to remember there being a slider to set the level of transparency for the taskbar, but this doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Thema:

1. Chrome is stuck on dark mode - Similar Threads - Chrome stuck dark

2. Start menu stuck in dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu stuck in dark mode: Windows start menu stuck in dark modeEven after creating new account by default it light theme but the only the start menu is dark modeBlack color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck-in-dark-mode/573596d2-d3d9-4585-87b2-a1f398941044
  3. Start menu stuck in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu stuck in dark mode: Windows start menu stuck in dark modeEven after creating new account by default it light theme but the only the start menu is dark modeBlack color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck-in-dark-mode/573596d2-d3d9-4585-87b2-a1f398941044
  4. How to prevent Windows Dark Mode affecting Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Windows Dark Mode affecting Chrome: Hi,For context; I use Dark Mode on Windows 10 Home, and I like it. However, there are specific apps and programs that I do not want to have Dark Mode forced upon; such as specific web pages in Chrome.I have now encountered a situation where parts of web pages, such as text...
  5. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  6. Stuck in Dark Mode

Stuck in Dark Mode: On Saturday Jul24th my Windows 10 booted up with all of my Google centric apps like Gmail and Play Store permanently stuck in dark mode. No matter how I changed the settings, dark mode remains in effect. Other non-Google apps function normally including Microsoft Edge. How do...
  7. Windows is stuck on dark mode

Windows is stuck on dark mode: Hi, My windows 10 is stuck on dark mode. Every screen is black: apps, windows.. all of it! When I go to Personalization settings and then click on Colors, I have no "more options" at the bottom of the colour grid. I checked on my other computer and I get "more options" at...
  8. Error about dark mode Chrome

Error about dark mode Chrome: Help, I can't change the properties theme to dark mode like other windows. [IMG] * Moved from Community Participation Center * Chrome added to title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-about-dark-mode-chrome/8b1bd83f-1fc1-46b0-8410-a9d651fd3ad4
  9. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  10. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?: This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome DARK MODE – takujingi 137758