Windows 10: Chrome is the most popular web browser of all

Discus and support Chrome is the most popular web browser of all in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For over a decade, Internet Explorer (IE), thanks to Microsoft's illegal crushing of Netscape, ruled the web browser field. Competitors, such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Golden, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Golden Win User

Chrome is the most popular web browser of all

http://www.zdnet.com/article/chrome-...rowser-of-all/

:)

Golden, Jan 12, 2017
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Manage add ons microsoft edge

In 2 years, you will be hard pressed to find a browser other than IE that has add-on support. The web has changed. It's time for tools that extend the web, not get in the way of it, hence extensions. Google Chrome lead the way, the first major browser that
    removed add-on support, and it's one of the most popular browsers. Chrome, Safari, Edge, and other major browsers are all turning to a cleaner, safer, and smarter browsing experience.

Move on.

aakkam22, Jan 12, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Microsoft edge is not compatible with my company website

Versions of Internet Explorer earlier than IE 11 are no longer able to be installed. Try Google Chrome.

If your company website doesn't work on Google Chrome or IE 11 - the two most popular web browsers - then the website is the problem, not the browser.

BulldogXX, Jan 12, 2017
  4. z3r010 Win User

For our sites Chrome has been the leader for years, I've just checked and it's currently at 58% of visitor use it.

z3r010, Jan 12, 2017
  5. Golden Win User
    *Thumbs

Golden, Jan 12, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    What I really love about Chrome, if I setup a new computer, or do a clean install, when I install Chrome, I have the EXACT same browser, as on all my systems, and operating systems, in less than 30 seconds. down to the last saved cookie, and smallest setting like the Flash & Handler settings.

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    And you can share the same bookmarks across all PCs.

Steve C, Jan 13, 2017
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

You can also share the same malware across all your systems. Don't get me wrong Chrome is a nice browser but I don't like it.

eLPuSHeR, Jan 13, 2017
  9. Speaking of memory resources...

RoasterMen, Jan 13, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Yeah, what about it, I have memory to spare*Biggrin
    A very common misconception, many people compare Chrome to IE or now Edge resource usage, and they forget that they both are hooked into the system, that they have resources running ALL the time, that show up under other names than Edge or IE, and they use just as many resources, if not more, than Chrome or FF.

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2017
  11. prikker Win User
    Not for me it is. Firefox is my favorite. I only use Chrome for watching American Football and series on i.e. putlocker.

prikker, Jan 13, 2017
  12. I'd say Chrome did more damage to Firefox's market share than IE's. I don't recall Firefox never making big gains on Internet Explorer, It was huge in the mid 2000s.

Jody Thornton, Jan 13, 2017
  13. dencal Win User

Word for word more or less the same.....only difference Edge for me especially with an M$ account, all my own personal setups synced on four computers.

dencal, Jan 13, 2017
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    has the world gone totally insane, most users, using the same browser I use? world's end truly is near.

Trust_No1, Jan 14, 2017
  15. FerchogtX Win User
    I only use Chrome for flash content I can't see on Firefox (Firefox is converting some flash elements into HTML5 automatically). Firefox is really lightweight and fast compared to Chrome, at least for me.

FerchogtX, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Chrome is the most popular web browser of all - Similar Threads - Chrome popular web

2. Block all web browsers solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block all web browsers solution: Hello,Sharing a good with you ;A question, if the organization uses the MS 365 E3 license, where MDM is used via Azure AD + Intune + Defender Plan 1,Can we block all browsers except maybe Chrome and MS Edge?Is there data in the Windows Settings/Security, that is "filtering"...
  3. Block all web browsers solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block all web browsers solution: Hello,Sharing a good with you ;A question, if the organization uses the MS 365 E3 license, where MDM is used via Azure AD + Intune + Defender Plan 1,Can we block all browsers except maybe Chrome and MS Edge?Is there data in the Windows Settings/Security, that is "filtering"...
  4. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  5. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  6. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Problem with all web browsers

Problem with all web browsers: All of the controls and shortcut bar keep disappearing from all browsers. Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I have to reboot to get them back. This is happening 2 - 3 times a day and is getting annoying. The example below is using Edge. [ATTACH]...
  8. All web browsers keep crashing

All web browsers keep crashing: Hello, All my browsers (google chrome, firefox, internet explorer) keep crashing on Windows 8.1. I've disabled all add-ons, I've run a virus check and still can't seem to fix the problem. The error message I get on internet explorer is: Windows Data Execution Prevention...
  9. Most popular browser for...

in Browsers and Email
    Most popular browser for...: Less than half of all Windows users use Explorer. That makes Explorer the world's most popular browser for downloading another browser. 48430
  10. The Most Popular Bing Homepages of 2014

in Windows 10 News
    The Most Popular Bing Homepages of 2014: Each day, a new Bing Homepage image transports you to a different corner of the globe or introduces you to some of the world’s most amazing creatures. As 2014 comes to a close, the Bing team wanted to look back at your favorite homepages of the year. But first, we wanted...