Windows 10: Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?

Discus and support Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After installing an update and shutting down my computer for the night, I woke up next morning to find that Chrome was telling me to ask an adult for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Adam7-, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Adam7- Win User

Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?

After installing an update and shutting down my computer for the night, I woke up next morning to find that Chrome was telling me to ask an adult for permission to add time to use it. I am a teenager with my dad who controls the family features, but the day before and as long as I can remember I've never had this issue. I looked at my Dad's computer to look at the family features and he has his time limit for chrome for my account on unlimited. My dad can add time for me to use chrome but the max is 3 hours. So far today I've been having to ask my dad every 3 hours to give me more time but it gets really annoying and my dad will have to go downtown tomorrow so I won't be able to access his computer. Any solutions?

:)

Adam7-, Apr 16, 2020

2. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues when using Google Chrome on your PC as it keeps asking for permission from parent.

Ideally, you get this error if you were previously added into Family Group as a Child account and then Google Chrome was restricted from being used.

Let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if that helps in fixing the issue.

Method 1:

Try re-installing Google Chrome on your PC. Refer the below articles to re-install Google Chrome on your PC.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and then login with the same Microsoft Account and see if you face the same issue. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to convert Microsoft Account to Local Account.

1. Press Windows + S to open Search
    2. Now type Your account info
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you move to a local account create a new user account and sign in with your Microsoft Account and then see if you receive the same error. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

In addition, you can also try providing the parental consent for your Account and see if that helps. Refer the section
    How do I provide consent for a child account? and sub-section
    I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?
    from the article

Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask
    for parental permission, and if I click for it to ask by email it just gives me an error message.

This is the what it says:

Something went wrong

We're working on it- try again in a little bit.

Trace ID: yjtdNb8VkUW5mxCK.4.

***Original title: Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult..***

SasukeCorvin, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?

Child account keeps asking for parent permission

We are not able to access to my sons Microsoft account.

Every time we do, it asks for parental permission. I go through the steps, I give all the permission, then it does it again, and again, and eventually, it will just give below error.

If I try again, the same thing happens.

I have tried this on multiple computers and multiple browsers, same issue.

Removing him from my family doesn't help.

There seems to be some inherent problem with Microsoft child accounts, as I have created 10+ different accounts for him, and end up having the same issue every time.

Microsoft support are no help at all, we just go round and round in circles repeating the same steps indefinitely, while they refuse to read previous replies or accept that we have already done it 20 times before. Thus why I have had 10+ different accounts.

does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Something's not working

It's us, not you.

TraceId: Kap2c1bzCUOqEHux.27.42.27

Russ Michaels, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?

1. Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time? - Similar Threads - Chrome keeps asking

2. Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it: I wanted to allow my son to play multiplayer for which it seems he needed to be added to my Microsoft Family account. After I did that, Minecraft keeps asking to "email for permission" in order to be launched. I've provided that permission numerous times, but it still asks...
  3. Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it: I wanted to allow my son to play multiplayer for which it seems he needed to be added to my Microsoft Family account. After I did that, Minecraft keeps asking to "email for permission" in order to be launched. I've provided that permission numerous times, but it still asks...
  4. Minecraft launcher keeps asking for parental permission after already providing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. google chrome is asking for permission

google chrome is asking for permission: Hi, I am not able to open my google chrome browser it keeps asking for permission from adult, since I am the parent how should I unrestricted it. Thanks...
  6. Asking for parental permission...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asking for parental permission...?: I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT in a Microsoft family, this wasn’t happening even yesterday. I have no idea how to fix this, and any help online I’ve has not...
  7. Parental permission for chrome not working

Parental permission for chrome not working: My son needs to use chrome for his online schooling. Microsoft has flagged chrome. I have given permission over 20 times, over the last year or so. I get the confirmation screen. Chrome a green check circle next to it, but my son still can't use it. Microsoft help is utterly...
  8. Ask for Permission for Chrome to open

Ask for Permission for Chrome to open: Hi, I keep getting this Pop up...[ATTACH] I've only just started getting it and my Parents haven't set u a family.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permission-for-chrome-to-open/cb45a269-6dfc-48b2-9b14-7c5b2507a279
  9. Parental permission for Google Chrome

Parental permission for Google Chrome: I have a microsoft account with 2 children in my family. They need Google Chrome to access their school work. I allowed one account to download Chrome with no issues. I have allowed the other to download it as well, SEVERAL times, but when they go to open the program, it says...
  10. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing: I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask for parental...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong were working on it – try again in a little bit. chrome

2. chrome keeps asking for permission

3. What happens when Microsoft Family Features does not let you use Google Chrome and you have asked for permission but you are not recieving any emails telling you that your parent has allowed you to have more time?

4. microsoft child account chrome keeps timing out,
  5. ask for permission to access google,
  6. google chrome ask permission to sign in,
  7. google chrome as an adult,
  8. google asking for parent permission but i am the parent,
  9. you cant use google chrome