Windows 10: Chrome keeps freezing since installing W10

Discus and support Chrome keeps freezing since installing W10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Chrome has been acting, really, really weird since I updated to W10 a few weeks ago. I've reinstalled the browser multiple times with no sign of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lemmers, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Lemmers Win User

Chrome keeps freezing since installing W10

My Chrome has been acting, really, really weird since I updated to W10 a few weeks ago. I've reinstalled the browser multiple times with no sign of improvement. There are NO issues on any other browser (Edge, Firefox & Opera)

Let me give you a few examples, I'm trying to update Chrome and it's just loading forever Screen capture - 82406c32e3203cb979cd5fe5c33a2969 - Gyazo

If I visit IMDB, this happens. Screenshot - 59251f367e2858b025931615fe98ad1b - Gyazo nothing loads and I cannot click anything, after 2 minutes the browser says the site is dead and I can either kill it or wait. This happens A LOT, on Youtube and pretty much any site that uses flash.
    What can I do to fix this? It's SOOOOOOOO annoying

:)

Lemmers, Aug 27, 2015
  2. XLave Win User

File Explorer freezes when I make a new folder in windows 10 Anniversary Update

I'm having the exact same problem: W10 installed in an SSD and when trying to create a folder in other HDD, File Explorer freezes for a minute or so. This is happening since the Anniversary Update.

Try the solution mention before with the shell extensions but, even with all disabled, it keeps freezing when a new folder it's created.

Any clues?

XLave, Aug 27, 2015
  3. KMJU Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

I've been having persistent freezing problems with my HP laptop ever since the early April W10 update. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that there's some cause and effect here.

I've run a Norton 360 full system scan, the SFC and DISM checks, and the HP tune-up utility. Everything comes up negative. I also took the laptop to a reputable repair center to check for hardware issues but, again, everything came up negative. The only
    thing they could recommend is a W10 re-install, which I'm hesitant to do because others on this forum report doing this doesn't fix anything.

One interesting thing: When I work in Google Chrome, the freezing problem seems to magically go away. When I come back out of Chrome, the persistent freezing issue promptly returns.

Any insights or solutions would be deeply appreciated.

4. maiko Win User

Yeah ever since upgrading I've had the most horrible problems with Chrome and it effects the rest of my computer.

I noticed that it seems to use a lot more hard disk I/O. freezes everything. once I close Chrome, everythings works great.

It's gotten so bad that I'm now using Edge full time (which works beautifully!!! But I need certain Chrome Extensions).

maiko, Aug 27, 2015
  5. I've also experienced freezing or delays in Chrome on Windows 10. Very erratic, but because of this I have been using Edge as my default browser.

Some suggestions:
    Use the Tools > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data, then close and restart Chrome.

There may be an extension that is causing the problem. You could disable all extensions, then enable them one a time to see if you can determine the culprit.

A good Chrome extension to manage all other extensions is Extensity. With one click, you can disable all extensions, and then enable them as needed.

Extensity - Chrome Web Store

garyowhere, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Lemmers Win User
    bump I have no extensions

Lemmers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome keeps freezing since installing W10 - Similar Threads - Chrome keeps freezing

2. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome keeps getting installed: Hi All,I have realized that Google Chrome is hiddenly installed on user-end computers without our permission. I would like to dive into this issue. How can we find out how that app/software is getting installed? Can I trace this at all? Thanks in advance....
  3. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome keeps getting installed: Hi All,I have realized that Google Chrome is hiddenly installed on user-end computers without our permission. I would like to dive into this issue. How can we find out how that app/software is getting installed? Can I trace this at all? Thanks in advance....
  4. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. PC Keeps Hard Freezing Randomly Since June

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps Hard Freezing Randomly Since June: Hello, I have been having a really hard time with my computer randomly hard freezing. It happens so randomly, Control Alt Delete does not work.... so every time I have to do a hard reset. Somedays I don't get it at all and others I can get it 3 times a day. I know it is a...
  6. W10 comp repair keeps looping freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 comp repair keeps looping freezing: It keeps trying to reboot. Comes up it needs to restart. Needs to fix then freezes. Cant get to safe screen to select advanced options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-comp-repair-keeps-looping-freezing/6b553cad-fe80-45b7-bad3-9ba4caece1e2
  7. Chrome keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome keeps freezing: Ever since i bought my Surface 3 laptop a week ago my Chrome has been freezing multiple times per day. I've tried: - Re-installing chrome - Disabling all my extensions - Updating Chrome & Windows - Clearing history & cache So i was wondering if Chrome freezing can be...
  8. chrome lag and off and on freeze since update 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome lag and off and on freeze since update 2019: Since the Aug 2019 update chrome lags and when looking at some website or just the bookmarks it freezes and I get a message that says chrome is not responding then it goes back to working and lagging is there a fix or can I get rid of the update to go back to chrome working...
  9. Chrome keeps freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome keeps freezing: I don't know what I'm doing. All I know is my Chrome keeps freezing, and my last update was 9/14/16 KB3188128. I don't want to jump thru a ton of hoops, I just want to click on an .exe and the problem gets fixed. Sorry for the lack of patience, but I don't have an MCSE, and I...
  10. Problems since W10 Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since W10 Install: Since the W10 upgrade I have experienced problems. Firstly in any browser I am unable to use Ctrl c, Ctrl v or any other command that starts with Ctrl. When I press Ctrl the browser immediately zooms to maximum size and I am unable to reduce the magnification at all....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome keeps freezing