Windows 10: Chrome keeps freezing

Discus and support Chrome keeps freezing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know what I'm doing. All I know is my Chrome keeps freezing, and my last update was 9/14/16 KB3188128. I don't want to jump thru a ton of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gplea, Sep 21, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

Chrome keeps freezing

I don't know what I'm doing. All I know is my Chrome keeps freezing, and my last update was 9/14/16 KB3188128. I don't want to jump thru a ton of hoops, I just want to click on an .exe and the problem gets fixed. Sorry for the lack of patience, but I don't have an MCSE, and I shouldn't have to to fix this issue.

:)

gplea, Sep 21, 2016
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Chrome Keeps Freezing

Hi Kate,

I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround.

Any changes made to the system that might have caused the issue?

And do confirm the current build your Windows 10 is running, as this information is vital for us to proceed with the investigation.
    (Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit Enter.)

Noting the troubleshooting you've completed on your end to sort the issue. May I suggest to try

resetting Chrome to default
    as some add-ons might have caused this hindrance. That way we could isolate the possible cause.

Make sure to check for any pending update of the affected application.

Also, to complete pinpoint the culprit, you'd need to
    perform a clean boot
    and see if the issue would persist on that state.

We will keep an eye out for your update.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Chrome Keeps Freezing

It's like Chrome has a mind of it's own. One day it works fine, the next, it's freezing everytime I open a new tab (freezes for like 3 seconds then finally loads) or sometimes randomly. ALMOST EVERY TIME I CLICK. You see, in Windows 10, there is this feature
    where you can press Win+G to open Game Recording bar. Everytime chrome freezes, I do that and it finally loads.

EX: I click to load a website, and it freezes. Then I open the game bar (Win+G) and it loads the site.

Also, it just set Bing as the thing when you first open Chrome. Then I set it back to Google and even REMOVED Bing and all the other ones (like Ask, Yahoo, etc) but it still does that. Is this a virus, is it Windows 10, or just Chrome? Cause this is the
    ONLY problem I'm having at all with this [new] computer. Firefox and everything else works just fine. And don't ask, I've uninstalled, restarted, cleared history, and even just left Chrome alone for the day. I've literally had to open the game bar almost 10
    times in 7 minutes. ?? This is starting to get REALLY annoying!!!

Also, here are video's of it ��

Here, it freezes while I try to do this and I open the gamebar so i can scroll because it freezes every time I try to scroll

Here it also freezes while I try to reload the page????

Anyone else getting these problems???

KateSmith2, Sep 21, 2016
  4. gplea Win User

Chrome keeps freezing

I still can't get rid of this freezing issue. I don't think it's the OS, just based on the fact that it only freezes when I load Chrome, and I can almost set my watch to how soon it freezes, which is about 15 mins. I mean, isn't there a simple 2-3 ticks to check, or is it a glitch in the Flash plugin?

gplea, Dec 18, 2016
  5. Wullail Win User
    Try switching to another browser (firefox) and see if it continues, it might be issues with scripts the websites you're visiting possibly?

Otherwise , clear the web cache and make sure you're using the built in flash only and you don't have adobe's one loaded also.

Wullail, Dec 18, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I would just uninstall then reinstall Chrome. Try the Chrome cleanup tool here if that doesn't work Chrome Cleanup Tool

Steve C, Dec 20, 2016
  7. Might want to start with a clean profile and see if that helps.

cyberrufus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome keeps freezing

1. Chrome keeps freezing - Similar Threads - Chrome keeps freezing

2. Chrome Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Keeps Crashing: I am a Windows 11 User and so I updated my computer to 22H2 and Chrome keeps Crashing Before 22H2 I was on 22H1 Where Chrome had not crashed even once but on windows 22H2 chrome Crashes now and then and Right Before chrome Crashes Hardware Acceleration Turns off...
  3. chrome keeps disappearing

chrome keeps disappearing: This just started today. My partner was using her PC Windows 11 and all of a sudden, it went to default. The only thing that shows up was a white screen and the "Google" logo and search. Things like the screensaver, the shortcut icons, etc. disappeared. I went over and had to...
  4. freezes Edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezes Edge and chrome: After updating a month ago windows 8.1 freezes Edge and Google chrome. Before that, everything was fine. More users have a problem with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-edge-and-chrome/34499905-5a03-4048-9c2d-029cf78f1acc
  5. freezes Edge and chrome

freezes Edge and chrome: After updating a month ago windows 8.1 freezes Edge and Google chrome. Before that, everything was fine. More users have a problem with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-edge-and-chrome/34499905-5a03-4048-9c2d-029cf78f1acc
  6. Google Chrome Freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Freezing: When I am navigating google maps If I walk away and come back sometimes Chrome is froze. I have to close chrome and reopen. Also YouTube videos if I pause the video and come back after screen goes off I have my monitor go off after 3 minutes. But it does not matter how long...
  7. Chrome keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome keeps freezing: Ever since i bought my Surface 3 laptop a week ago my Chrome has been freezing multiple times per day. I've tried: - Re-installing chrome - Disabling all my extensions - Updating Chrome & Windows - Clearing history & cache So i was wondering if Chrome freezing can be...
  8. Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON!: Hello, I have a weird issue with google chrome and It's over a year now with no solve. my google chrome browser keeps freezing after a short time opening. maybe from one to three minutes and It freezes (Not responding), the weird thing I have noticed that, this happens only...
  9. My chrome web browser keeps freezing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My chrome web browser keeps freezing every few seconds: Hello, my chrome browser freezes every few seconds when i type, switch tabs, etc... Im on Microsoft windows 10 Pro 10.0. 17134 If somebody can help, please help me. P.S It all started out of a sudden....
  10. Chrome keeps freezing since installing W10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome keeps freezing since installing W10: My Chrome has been acting, really, really weird since I updated to W10 a few weeks ago. I've reinstalled the browser multiple times with no sign of improvement. There are NO issues on any other browser (Edge, Firefox & Opera) Let me give you a few examples, I'm trying to...