Windows 10: Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

Discus and support Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today morning I noticed than when I open Yahoo email or Facebook web pages, Chrome keeps opening new tabs. As a result, I cannot read or write an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cina Foroutannejad, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

Today morning I noticed than when I open Yahoo email or Facebook web pages, Chrome keeps opening new tabs. As a result, I cannot read or write an email. Other web pages seem OK for now. I scanned my laptop (windows 10) by defender and superantispyware and found nothing. Is it a new virus/malware? Has there been other reports? It is very annoying and is getting worse by time.

:)

Cina Foroutannejad, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Kaesgaan Win User

Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites

I think I’m seriously going crazy with this problem. Google Chrome keeps opening new tab with some spam sites (mostly https://go.mobiforth.com) but also some other weird stuff. I searched around the web and I feel like I tried almost every possible solution that I found, but the problem still persists.*cry

Here’s what I tried so far:

• Junkware removal tool (it found something that seemed unrelated to this problem)
    • Adwcleaner
    • Malwarebytes
    • Avast full scan
    • Windows defender full scan
    • Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
    • Reseting Chrome settings
    • Uninstalling Chrome
    • Disabling all extensions
    • Checking if there is any new program installed (nothing suspicious)
    ...and none of this helped.

Does anyone know what I should do next or what causes this? It really bothers me and I’d like to get rid of it.
    Thanks in advance Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages :)

Kaesgaan, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Jun 14, 2019
  4. skiahh Win User

Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

skiahh, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

1. Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages - Similar Threads - Chrome keeps opening

2. Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab: Hello, after last installation Win10 20H2, was lost functionality of middle touchpad button - click on link in Edge, was opened web page in new tab. How can be this functionality again added? Thank you....
  3. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  4. When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks

in Browsers and Email
    When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks: When I have chrome open and I try to open a new tab from either my password manager or a URL link chrome goes from a full-page to a half page and it does add the new page. I then have to maximize it again by double-clicking on the blue bar at the top. I'm not sure but I think...
  5. When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab: I want to know how to open web page in a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-live-tab-in-an-open-webpage-i/c8344e8a-4608-426d-a63d-500e5fd7f10d
  6. Tabs keep opening on help pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tabs keep opening on help pages: Hey y'all, so recently my browsers: Microsoft edge, chrome, Firefox, (mainly Microsoft edge) keep opening "Microsoft support", "Windows 10 help", and when I'm on discord - "Discord support" opens. (Currently, the record for the amount of tabs that have opened is over 2k.)...
  7. Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites: I think I’m seriously going crazy with this problem. Google Chrome keeps opening new tab with some spam sites (mostly https://go.mobiforth.com) but also some other weird stuff. I searched around the web and I feel like I tried almost every possible solution that I found, but...
  8. Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge: Hi In Microsoft Edge, how do I open a specific web page while I open a new tab? Thanks Bye 22716
  9. Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app and web page links not opening new tab: This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out. emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so...
  10. Chrome New Tab page wrong name

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome New Tab page wrong name: Hi guys, i'm trying to fix a problem I noticed today. Instead of showing "New Tab" when I open a new tab on Google Chrome, it's showing on the tab name chrome://newtab. I've tried using the Google Chrome Installer to fix this, but no success. In the anonymous mode, this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome open new tabs with yahoo 2019