Windows 10: Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update

Discus and support Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 automatically updated to version 1803 a few days ago and after the update, Google Chrome (and Mozilla Firefox) has been incredibly slow. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeSaba1, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update

Windows 10 automatically updated to version 1803 a few days ago and after the update, Google Chrome (and Mozilla Firefox) has been incredibly slow. It takes forever to type anything or to load tabs, and they often freeze completely for a while. Both browsers are up to date.

I tried reversing the update but I could not find the option in my settings for some reasons.

Is anyone else suffering from this and is there a fix for it?

:)

GeorgeSaba1, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Typing Lag after recent update

The issue might be driver-related. Check if there is an update that might have been missed after the recent update. To do this, follow the instructions below:

• Type Device Manager from the taskbar search box.
    • Go to Keyboards.
    • Double click on your keyboard device. A mini window will appear.
    • Go to the Driver tab and check if there is an update that needs to be installed.

You can also try to use the other USB ports and see if there will be any difference.

Let us know if you still encounter this lagging issue after trying the suggestions.

Regene Jos, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update

Laptop Asus Slow/Lag during and everytime windows update

Hi Ron,

It's really odd for your computer to experience a performance issue (slowness/lag) after each and every update, hence, it should improve your computer's performance. There could be some software that's causing the issue, or an outdated driver/s. That said,
    we suggest that you check if following the steps on this article to improve the performance of your computer
    will work.

Let us know if you're able to determine the culprit after following the steps on the said article.

Carlos Tin, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update

1. Chrome lagging and slow after recent Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Chrome lagging slow

2. Lag/ stutters after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lag/ stutters after recent windows update: I started noticing freezes and buffers while using my laptop after the recent windows 10 update. Problems would include my mouse taking a while to move to its designated spot for random 1-second intervals, whatever I typed would take a while to display, and freezes and lags...
  3. Windows 10 slow and blue screen after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow and blue screen after recent update: Hello Since I updated windows 10 on November 9th, I have experienced a slow/laggy windows 10. Symptoms include... 1. App's take longer to start. 2. Music is distorted. 3. Text is slow/inconsistent to appear when typing. 4. When attempting a restart, it goes to the...
  4. Laptop slow again! after recent Windows 10 updates

Laptop slow again! after recent Windows 10 updates: Every time some some updates of Windows 10 are installed, my laptop becomes slow. The last time it happened Oct 2020, it eased out gradually & the laptop was workable again. Now with further new updates a few days ago approx 14th of Nov, the problem has re-occurred. Any...
  5. Windows 10 workstation running slow after recent update.

Windows 10 workstation running slow after recent update.: Hello Most of my Windows 10 workstation are running very slow after recent updates from Microsoft. Increasing the memory doesn't seem to solve the issue. Will be grateful if you can assist...
  6. Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates II

Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates II: my laptop comes to a crawl every so often and it appears so do millions of others when windows 10 has an update in the tube. even worse - you can't turn off the automatic updates. at least it'd be nice to manually apply these updates every week or so. the screen freezes...
  7. Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.

Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.: Yet again Windows installs a regular uodate, and it slows my laptop down to the point that every click, in any program, takes minutes to respond. Thanks...
  8. Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.

Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.: Hi, ive posted similar issues before, so this is just some feedback about Windows 10 updates. Yet again Windows installs a regular uodate, and it slows my laptop down to the point that every click, in any program, takes minutes to respond. Will Microsoft ever listen to...
  9. Runs slow and lagging after update

Runs slow and lagging after update: Again this time i allowed my machine to do a Windows 10 update and again with this update it slowed to a crawl, webpages wouldnt load, even the cursor would barely move when i move the mouse. I turnedit off and was told it would install updates and reboot but after four hours...
  10. Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update: just get Aw Snap! as soon as it starts up [img] when I attempt to learn more, I learn nothing [img] 62293

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow recent windows 10

2. chrome is slow after windows 10 update

3. chrome slow after windows update

4. chrome slow after windows 10 update,
  5. chrome lag windows 10,
  6. chrome slow windows 10 update,
  7. windows udate chrome slow,
  8. chrome lagging windows 10,
  9. chrome windows 10 lag,
  10. chrome for win 10 slow,
  11. windows 10 update slows chrome,