Windows 10: Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?

Discus and support Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've set Chrome to use Google as my home page. I've noticed since the last update that on first loading, I often get a broad black bar along the top of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?

I've set Chrome to use Google as my home page. I've noticed since the last update that on first loading, I often get a broad black bar along the top of the screen or a black Chrome window. All is fine when I click the Home button and I see the Google page OK. Is this a bug in the last release and is there a fix?

:)

Steve C, Aug 14, 2016
  2. 3ricss0n Win User

nokia 5530 no boot up bars of death

the device now just loads a white screen then red black bars white screen green black bars white screen blue black bars(not in sequence) and then nothing.... what to do

3ricss0n, Aug 14, 2016
  3. gregcm1 Win User
    Black bar in chrome

I uninstalled chrome and re-installed it and the problem persists. I have not noticed this problem with other browsers. I also don't have this problem using chrome on any of my other computers that use Windows 10.

gregcm1, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

This problem is fixed by delselecting "Use hardware acceleration when available" in Chrome settings.

I have a Radeon HD7870 card with the latest Radeon driver. Is GPU acceleration important in Chrome and is there an optimum setting to make my GPU work in Chrome without the black screen problem?

Steve C, Sep 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page? - Similar Threads - Chrome loads Black

2. black bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black bars: hi, i have a problem on windows that has black bars ONLY on the left side of the screen it's not because of the monitor cause the startup on the montior doesn't have the black bars how can i fix this? also the recommended resolution isn't good but it doesnt have the black...
  3. black bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black bars: hi, i have a problem on windows that has black bars ONLY on the left side of the screen it's not because of the monitor cause the startup on the montior doesn't have the black bars how can i fix this? also the recommended resolution isn't good but it doesnt have the black...
  4. black bars

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bars: First I dont know if this is a design choice but it bothers me alot.I have smal bars on top and on the sides on my monitor, as well when I have like Edge, Crome and normal Windows in "Full screen mode". But when i go in a game and activate fullscreen it disappears. This makes...
  6. Black bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bars: First I dont know if this is a design choice but it bothers me alot.I have smal bars on top and on the sides on my monitor, as well when I have like Edge, Crome and normal Windows in "Full screen mode". But when i go in a game and activate fullscreen it disappears. This makes...
  7. chrome all black

in Browsers and Email
    chrome all black: sometimes when i start chrome, it is all black for 30-60 seconds [img] 176095
  8. background page is black

in Windows 10 Customization
    background page is black: how do I change my internet background from black to back to white as normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-page-is-black/f95a7061-84b9-44cf-878a-9ec27ecb3d99
  9. Chrome stopped loading pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome stopped loading pages: I must have done something wrong somewhere perhaps within settings or preferences etc because while Google loads fine, it wont load any page. Instead I get an error message saying page is unresponsive and do I want to exit pages or wait?...
  10. Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed?: Started my pc, opened Chrome. Got message saying ''VideoStream for Chromecast has crashed". Also had same message for another programme we can't mention here. Now Chrome is showing black screen on all tabs? Can't open settings, Apps, Bookmarks etc. All I see is the Black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome loads all black