Windows 10: Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen

Discus and support Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not exactly sure how to word this. When I go to Chrome, this is what I see, from top to bottom: Tabs at very top. Address bar. Below address bar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lindalouk, Dec 7, 2019.

1. lindalouk Win User

Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen

Not exactly sure how to word this. When I go to Chrome, this is what I see, from top to bottom:

1. Tabs at very top.
    2. Address bar.
    3. Below address bar, huge amount of white space, then a line.
    4. Content.

The huge white space takes up precious screen space. I want to get rid of it. At one point, Chrome/Google had some stuff there, which I deleted. But I cannot find a way to remove the white space. This wasn't there when I was running Windows 7 two weeks ago. Now I am running Windows 10.

Thanks.

:)

lindalouk, Dec 7, 2019

2. Google Chrome stuck on white screen

Ever since my latest update to for Win10, Google Chrome wont launch. I get a blank white screen, no resource locator window, nothing. Just min/mx/close in the top right hand corner. Went through Avast and Malwarebytes, and nothing was found. Called Google
    CS and worked on it for over an hour, and still nothing. They suggested I call MS CS, and Ive been on hold for over two hours now.

Things I've tried:

• running in Admin mode and User mode
    • going to chrome properties, and selecting/deselecting running under Win8 a few times
    • uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome (incidentally, when I "Googled" the download for Chrome using Edge, I was offended to find MS had co-opted half of the above the fold real estate to tell me why Edge was a better choice. Very poor user experience at best;
      full-blown bait-and-switch at worst.
    • running I incognito mode
    MS Edge works fine since the update. Of course it does.

Anyone else solve this?

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Install, upgrade, & activate]

cmaclean1011, Dec 7, 2019
  3. TewttewT Win User
    Google Chrome stuck on white screen

The issue seems to be hardware acceleration. At least in my case it was. I solved my problem by performing the steps below.

• Right click chrome shortcut and go to properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab and run it in compatibility mode for Vista.
    • Open chrome then go to Settings>Advanced then under the
      System
      heading there is an option to disable hardware acceleration.
    After performing those steps you can stop using compatibility mode for vista.

Hopefully this works for you!

TewttewT, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen

Chrome is displaying only a white screen but it's clickable (not frozen)

we just began experiencing this problem today. Chrome opens a white window with the _ and X visible in the top right corner. No tabs, address bar, etc.

I can position the cursor and click where the Chrome menu is supposed to be, and the menu appears.

If I resize the window, the new areas appear solid black.

I have uninstalled chrome manually, deleting the C:\program files (x86) directory, the appdata directory, and the registry keys.

Then I rebooted and reinstalled Chrome from chrome.google.com and still get the problem.

Any suggestions?

Ryan Griggs, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen

1. Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen - Similar Threads - Chrome lots white

2. Why is the top and bottom of white space on my screen pink and green?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the top and bottom of white space on my screen pink and green?: Hi all,I just got a new laptop and have an issue with it.All the white space on my laptop has a pixel of pink on the top of it and a pixel of green on the bottom... I do not like this is there a way to fix this or should I try to return the laptop?Cheers...
  3. Why is the top and bottom of white space on my screen pink and green?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the top and bottom of white space on my screen pink and green?: Hi all,I just got a new laptop and have an issue with it.All the white space on my laptop has a pixel of pink on the top of it and a pixel of green on the bottom... I do not like this is there a way to fix this or should I try to return the laptop?Cheers...
  4. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  5. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  6. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. White bar on top left screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bar on top left screen: Does anyone know how I can get rid of this bar? It really annoys me when I am playing games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar-on-top-left-screen/8f3b2972-0e47-4e5e-9f2f-0884f5b0ff60
  8. White screen at the top of my bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    White screen at the top of my bar: Hi! I was playing a game Genshin Impact using full screen, mode, and everything was going smoothly. But then I pressed something on my keyboard, and a white bar suddenly appeared at the top. I can't seem to find any way to get rid of it, and it is really irritating since it...
  9. White Dots on top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Dots on top of screen: I have a brand new ASUS Zenbook. After the most recent windows update there are white dots on the top of my display when I have a window, like my web browser, open. The dots are get better or worse depending on where the window is dragged worse toward the corner. I do not...
  10. Chrome opens with only a white screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome opens with only a white screen: I recently added RAM and upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 Pro. Everything upgraded and worked fine, except Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstall Google Chrome a number of times. The install seems to work fine with no error messages or hang ups. Then when I...