Windows 10: Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10

Discus and support Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google’s web browser has more than half the market share, but that hasn’t stopped Chrome from consuming battery of Windows 10-powered devices. Unlike... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 19, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10

Google’s web browser has more than half the market share, but that hasn’t stopped Chrome from consuming battery of Windows 10-powered devices. Unlike other browsers, Chrome is both resources and energy intensive, but Microsoft recently proposed a solution that could address the battery backup concerns of Chrome users.

In August 2019, Microsoft said it’s possible to reduce Chrome’s battery usage by eliminating the unnecessary disk caching when watching videos. Shawn Pickett, a senior software engineer at Microsoft, explained that caching during video playback keeps disk in an active state, and it apparently uses power.

The second commit has revealed that Microsoft’s implementation will add a check to verify that the device is running on battery and is not connected to AC power.

“Since the goal is to improve battery life, this scopes the change so that it doesn’t impact scenarios when the device is connected to power,” the commit reads.

Another change has been introduced to compare the HTTP response content size to the backend maximum file size and it will not cache the content when size is larger than the maximum file size.

Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10 Browsers-battery-usage.jpg

It looks like the Google Chrome team is finally planning to begin experimenting with Microsoft’s power saver feature. A Google Chrome engineer, who goes by alias ‘Chrome Cunningham’ on the Chromium platform, confirmed that Google is planning to kick off the experiment in Chrome.

Microsoft Edge’s engineer yesterday submitted the commit for approval and commit is now active.

It’s not clear when and how Google plans to test the battery saver feature, but the company is likely to experiment it with Chrome Canary users first before pushing it out to everyone.

Microsoft’s contribution to Chromium

Microsoft Edge made more than 1,600 code contributions to the open-source Chromium project in 2019 alone. Some of those contributions include accessibility, touch, PWAs, memory usage, and several other improvements.

Microsoft Edge comes with its own exclusive features such as Collections and as well as customizable and informative start page options.

The post Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 19, 2020

2. How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Hi.

My PC runs slow.

When I click on Task Manager, I always see a High CPU usage from Windows Defender and Google Chrome.

Any suggestion to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Thanks

Francesco

francesckosky, Jan 19, 2020
  3. How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Leave Windows Defender to do its duty.

Kindly follow these steps for overall CPU usage decrease.

1- Press Start + R

2- Type services.msc and press Ok

3- Search Windows Instrumentation Management and restart it.

Now your CPU usage will decrease upto 4% or 5%.

To Reduce Chrome's CPU Usage:

1. Keep fewer tabs open. (each open tab increases the load on CPU)

2. Remove unnecessary extensions.

3. Disable hardware acceleration.

Refer here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-quick-tips-to-r...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10

How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Hi , I am Dexter, an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

It's not recommended to turn off the Windows Defender although this will significantly reduce the CPU usage, so you'd better leave this alone.

To optimize the CPU usage of Chrome, I'll suggest you refer to this article:

https://windows10skill.com/google-chrome-high-c...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Dexter Lien, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10

1. Chrome may soon reduce its battery usage on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome may soon

2. How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser: Technically Chrome uses a lot of RAM and bandwidth compared to other browsers. As I have a lot of tabs opened in a single window , how can I still reduce the RAM usage without deleting the tabs. I have posted a question and tried to provide innovative solution to google...
  3. How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser: Technically Chrome uses a lot of RAM and bandwidth compared to other browsers. As I have a lot of tabs opened in a single window , how can I still reduce the RAM usage without deleting the tabs. I have posted a question and tried to provide innovative solution to google...
  4. Google Chrome update finally reduces RAM usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome update finally reduces RAM usage on Windows 10: Last month, we reported that Google has been internally testing a new feature that could significantly reduce memory usage on Windows 10. With Chrome 89, which is now available for download, the search giant has finally enabled ‘PartitionAlloc-everywhere’ support for its...
  5. How can I reduce the Google Chrome CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I reduce the Google Chrome CPU usage: How can I reduce the Google Chrome CPU usage [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reduce-the-google-chrome-cpu-usage/f304e122-4875-4f36-a353-ef27f15bc587
  6. Reducing Windows 10 data usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reducing Windows 10 data usage: I understand that there is an option to set a connection as a metered connection. There is also an option in Settings/Data Usage to "Limit what store apps and Windows features can do in the background" by selecting "Always". What is the difference? Which is most...
  7. Chrome could reduce its RAM usage on Windows and other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome could reduce its RAM usage on Windows and other platforms: Google Chrome is one of the most resources hungry apps on Windows and it eats more RAM if you install extensions or keep too many tabs opened. Google needs to work on resource management for Google Chrome and a new feature is being internally tested in Canary builds, Google...
  8. Microsoft has another fix for Chrome’s battery usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has another fix for Chrome’s battery usage on Windows 10: Microsoft hopes to boost the performance of Chromium-based browsers with smooth-scrolling responsiveness and lower battery usage. Microsoft recently proposed a new feature that would turn off unnecessary media caching and reduce Chrome’s heavy battery consumption on Windows...
  9. How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?: Hi. My PC runs slow. When I click on Task Manager, I always see a High CPU usage from Windows Defender and Google Chrome. Any suggestion to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum? Thanks Francesco...
  10. Google could reduce Chrome’s memory usage on Windows, other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Google could reduce Chrome’s memory usage on Windows, other platforms: In addition to tab groups, Windows Mixed Reality support and dark mode implementation, Google is now also working on a new feature that’s supposed to reduce the memory usage of Chrome. Chrome has a bad reputation for hogging memory and it appears that the search engine giant...