Windows 10: Chrome not deleting cached images and files

Discus and support Chrome not deleting cached images and files in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I reset my pc a couple of days ago and reinstalled Chrome, everything appeared to be fine but when I was doing a cleanup I deleted the cached images... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bumboola, Mar 27, 2019.

1. bumboola Win User

Chrome not deleting cached images and files

I reset my pc a couple of days ago and reinstalled Chrome, everything appeared to be fine but when I was doing a cleanup I deleted the cached images and files in Chrome and they didn't delete like they always have. Maybe a few MB but that's it. Same up to date version of Chrome and same up to date version of Windows 10, they always deleted to 0 MB before but no longer. I'm guessing I'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall Chrome but I spent some time setting it up and would prefer not to. All the other software (including Firefox) are working like they always have.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this in the past and/or know a possible fix for this?

:)

bumboola, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Eaglepi Win User

I'm trying to locate a image that I viewed on chrome

I've tried the utility and I can't seem to get it to work, in Google Chrome, then access about:cache and I get all the hex numbers, I tried copying them and then posting them in the website that you suggested, I don't get anything. Sometimes it opens and just says searching and it stays that way for what seems like 30 minutes to an hour and then I just cut it off.If anyone uses this program and is willing to give me a six step by step I'd be more than happy to try to get it to work. I've also tried another chrome cache viewer called imagechacheviewer and that was also unable to work. The example it shows on one of the pages for one of these utilities was thec cache are listed above and as you click on them if there is an image it shows up on the bottom I couldn't get that to work either at the moment I don't have that page open so I don't know exactly which one of those two utilities it is but both of them having problems with anyone could help I'd appreciate it

Eaglepi, Mar 27, 2019
  3. File Explorer : image icons and preview are solid green

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you clear the thumbnail cache. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Disk Cleanup.
    • Check the Thumbnails box.
    • Click OK.
    • Click on Delete Files button to confirm.
    • Restart the computer to apply completely.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Chrome not deleting cached images and files

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Chrome not deleting cached images and files

1. Chrome not deleting cached images and files - Similar Threads - Chrome deleting cached

2. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  3. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  4. Chrome Code Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome Code Cache: Can I delete chrome code cache files? Its so many of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-code-cache/002a6ee0-a334-4867-840c-ee4135acc3ed
  5. Chrome Code Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Code Cache: Can I delete chrome code cache files? Its so many of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-code-cache/002a6ee0-a334-4867-840c-ee4135acc3ed
  6. Chrome Code Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?: Is there a way of setting Chrome to delete cached images and files on exit. There is a setting for cookies but I don't see one for cached images. 173353
  8. Limit Chrome Cache Size?

in Browsers and Email
    Limit Chrome Cache Size?: Chrome has started using 1.3GB for cache. Is there away of limiting the cache size used? 173286
  9. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?: I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-cache-file-is-it-safe-to-delete/13bde00b-43ed-44cb-972e-80ff3e1eb449
  10. Chrome Cache

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Cache: Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the cache size of chrome with W10? Thank You 28809

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome cant delete cached images and files

2. about:cache delete photos

3. chrome cached images not deleting

4. cached images files in chrome,
  5. chrome cached images folder