Windows 10: Chrome not deleting cached images and files

Discus and support Chrome not deleting cached images and files in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I reset my pc a couple of days ago and reinstalled Chrome, everything appeared to be fine but when I was doing a cleanup I deleted the cached images... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bumboola, Mar 27, 2019.

1. bumboola Win User

Chrome not deleting cached images and files

I reset my pc a couple of days ago and reinstalled Chrome, everything appeared to be fine but when I was doing a cleanup I deleted the cached images and files in Chrome and they didn't delete like they always have. Maybe a few MB but that's it. Same up to date version of Chrome and same up to date version of Windows 10, they always deleted to 0 MB before but no longer. I'm guessing I'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall Chrome but I spent some time setting it up and would prefer not to. All the other software (including Firefox) are working like they always have.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this in the past and/or know a possible fix for this?

:)

bumboola, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Eaglepi Win User

I'm trying to locate a image that I viewed on chrome

I've tried the utility and I can't seem to get it to work, in Google Chrome, then access about:cache and I get all the hex numbers, I tried copying them and then posting them in the website that you suggested, I don't get anything. Sometimes it opens and just says searching and it stays that way for what seems like 30 minutes to an hour and then I just cut it off.If anyone uses this program and is willing to give me a six step by step I'd be more than happy to try to get it to work. I've also tried another chrome cache viewer called imagechacheviewer and that was also unable to work. The example it shows on one of the pages for one of these utilities was thec cache are listed above and as you click on them if there is an image it shows up on the bottom I couldn't get that to work either at the moment I don't have that page open so I don't know exactly which one of those two utilities it is but both of them having problems with anyone could help I'd appreciate it

Eaglepi, Mar 27, 2019
  3. File Explorer : image icons and preview are solid green

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you clear the thumbnail cache. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Disk Cleanup.
    • Check the Thumbnails box.
    • Click OK.
    • Click on Delete Files button to confirm.
    • Restart the computer to apply completely.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Chrome not deleting cached images and files

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Chrome not deleting cached images and files

1. Chrome not deleting cached images and files - Similar Threads - Chrome deleting cached

2. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  3. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  4. "Edge" Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  5. "Edge" Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    "Edge" Cache files: Hello,Although I have disabled "Edge" (I do not use it), by adding at the end of the folder in "System Apps" this "(old)". When I open "CCleaner" to clean cache files (and cookies) - there are lot of cache files from "Edge" - I recognize them by their icon.I am the only user...
  6. Deleting system image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting system image file: Hi I have read lots of advice about deleting system image files but I get blocked everytime by the message 'file is in use and cannot be deleted' and I have no idea how to get around this any suggestions please. Windows 10 user#...
  7. delete chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete chrome: i want to remove chrome. should i start edge first or delete chrome first? best way to delete chrome? thanks , j e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/delete-chrome/a7099152-7447-4a41-bf07-64c9c7412d72
  8. deleting an disc image file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting an disc image file: by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet . it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso application but i m unable to delete it. looked like a malware but malware apps not saying it as malware . how can i get...
  9. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?: I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2. Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows Installer Cache in several folders under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00004119110000000000000000F01FEC\ Windows Disk...
  10. Chrome Cache

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Cache: Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the cache size of chrome with W10? Thank You 28809

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cached images files in chrome

2. chrome cached images folder