Windows 10: Chrome not opening

Discus and support Chrome not opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My google chrome will not open, I have tried uninstalling and restarting my computer but nothing is working. No errors pop up itsimply wont open, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Austinzb, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Austinzb Win User

Chrome not opening

My google chrome will not open, I have tried uninstalling and restarting my computer but nothing is working. No errors pop up itsimply wont open, any tips

:)

Austinzb, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Chrome not opening

Chrome not even opening anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to open other browser like Internet explorer and Edge?
    This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings
    from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Chrome not opening

1. Chrome not opening - Similar Threads - Chrome opening

2. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  3. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  4. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Chrome crashes when opening any game Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes when opening any game Windows 11: I have tried everything. Chrome crashes every time I play any game for around 5 minutes. I have tried reinstalling chrome, checking drivers, run a storage check, and run memory diagnostics and getting a message that everything is normal. I never had this issue running it on...
  6. Chrome crashes when opening any game Windows 11

Chrome crashes when opening any game Windows 11: I have tried everything. Chrome crashes every time I play any game for around 5 minutes. I have tried reinstalling chrome, checking drivers, run a storage check, and run memory diagnostics and getting a message that everything is normal. I never had this issue running it on...
  7. Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software: Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-chrome-opening-showing-error-related-to/b81b2e2f-71c6-46f1-8f26-1296fb7b57e3
  8. Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software

Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software: Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-chrome-opening-showing-error-related-to/b81b2e2f-71c6-46f1-8f26-1296fb7b57e3
  9. Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it: As said in the title, I've reinstalled it 3 times and no change, deleted some files in the user data folder but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-just-crashing-immediately-when-i-open-it/902f169f-53b2-43c9-b1af-11394535d851
  10. Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it

Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it: As said in the title, I've reinstalled it 3 times and no change, deleted some files in the user data folder but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-just-crashing-immediately-when-i-open-it/902f169f-53b2-43c9-b1af-11394535d851