Windows 10: Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

Discus and support Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed win 10 pro, then chrome, then signed in to chrome. Normally it simply starts syncing, sends everything, passwords, bookmarks, etc.. apps.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

I installed win 10 pro, then chrome, then signed in to chrome. Normally it simply starts syncing, sends everything, passwords, bookmarks, etc.. apps. But it refuses to sync. Tried turning off signing out signing in, turning sync on. it claims its syncing, but no evidence.

I also installed microsoft edge dev, which uses chrome engine, and it has the outlook.com password that chrome should have, is it interfering with chrome syncing??

:)

sdowney717, Apr 23, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Reset Chrome Sync Passphrase?

I've got a laptop that I can't remember the Sync passphrase. Chrome has been reinstalled and I want to restore my Chrome data, extensions etc that are sync'd. dwd

Google say's I will need to reset Sync. Under Chrome's Sync settings page it say's:

"Reset sync to clear your data from the server and remove your passphrase. This will not clear data from your devices. Sign back in to Chrome to start syncing."

This implies that the sync data will be erased from the Google server and that sync will start off fresh again. I don;t want that, I need the sync'd data...

I notice that I can download the Chrome sync'd data from Google account dashboard but I do I restore it to Chrome?

Kol12, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Carnivore Win User

Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

Browser sync settings

I have 4 browsers on my PC -- Edge, IE11, Firefox and Chrome. I'd been using IE11 and noticed that it apparently synced my Favorites from Chrome, including the mobile bookmarks I saved on my Android phone. That sync activity also seemed to rearrange the order of links on my IE11 Favorites Bar.

Please help me understand how my browsers interact and sync with each other under Win10.

In my Win10 settings panel, I have Win10 set to sync browser settings but I thought that only applied to Edge. In addition to that Win10 sync setting, it looks like Google also syncs between at least some of the browsers. Do these sync settings play well with each other? Should all 4 of the above mentioned browsers sync with each other, and how do I make sure that the sync picks up my latest changes across all browsers and doesn't cause any to revert back to an older state?

Carnivore, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

1. Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync - Similar Threads - Chrome syncing anything

2. Sync Setting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync Setting: I am trying to "clear cloud synced settings" so that my settings aren't automatically synced to other family members' laptops. I have clicked on the "clear synced settings" then "clear" but I keep getting an error message "this site can't provide a secure connection". I...
  3. Sync Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Settings: I have a Microsoft account and I am signed in on several laptops all of which are visible under Devices. However, I cannot sync setting amongst any of the laptops. I have Microsoft activated on all the laptops and have sync turned on,on all 3 laptops. Any sugestions...
  4. Syncing my settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing my settings: I have read previous threads, my issues are the same Microsoft Mail details seem to get lost. When reading your answers I can not find the gear icon in the bottom left hand corner of my mail account. Previous synced addresses to my android have disappeared and now have to be...
  5. Sync Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Settings: What does this mean when I am wanting to Sync my settings "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"?? How do I get rid of this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-settings/ec8a40c1-2ef7-4dce-a71f-fc49733aaf22
  6. settings sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    settings sync: ok so my sync windows settings in on in win 10 and I have signed into Microsoft account in windows. if I reinstall windows how do I restore all my settings...
  7. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts: By of my pc's are running 1803 latest CU and my problem is that even with sync set to off on both devices windows continues syncing. My desktop icons are more comprehensive than on my tablet and it becomes littered with them. If I delete one it simultaneously disappears from...
  8. Unable to sync settings.

Unable to sync settings.: Hi, I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. When I try to sync settings its greyed out with error "sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this." I am the only user and I am the administrator. Im logged in using my Microsoft...
  9. 'Sync your settings'

'Sync your settings': I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account" and 'Sync settings' is off and greyed out. My laptop has 'sync settings' on. Both devices are set up the same way and I have...
  10. Sync settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sync settings: Hello Guys, Could anyone tell me how often windows 10 syncs setting to OneDrive, to get to it I logged into my Microsoft account/OneDrive/Settings (gear wheel top right of IE window) then device backup's in left menu. I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed that...