Windows 10: Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

Discus and support Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed win 10 pro, then chrome, then signed in to chrome. Normally it simply starts syncing, sends everything, passwords, bookmarks, etc.. apps.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

I installed win 10 pro, then chrome, then signed in to chrome. Normally it simply starts syncing, sends everything, passwords, bookmarks, etc.. apps. But it refuses to sync. Tried turning off signing out signing in, turning sync on. it claims its syncing, but no evidence.

I also installed microsoft edge dev, which uses chrome engine, and it has the outlook.com password that chrome should have, is it interfering with chrome syncing??

:)

sdowney717, Apr 23, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Reset Chrome Sync Passphrase?

I've got a laptop that I can't remember the Sync passphrase. Chrome has been reinstalled and I want to restore my Chrome data, extensions etc that are sync'd. dwd

Google say's I will need to reset Sync. Under Chrome's Sync settings page it say's:

"Reset sync to clear your data from the server and remove your passphrase. This will not clear data from your devices. Sign back in to Chrome to start syncing."

This implies that the sync data will be erased from the Google server and that sync will start off fresh again. I don;t want that, I need the sync'd data...

I notice that I can download the Chrome sync'd data from Google account dashboard but I do I restore it to Chrome?

Kol12, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Carnivore Win User

Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

Browser sync settings

I have 4 browsers on my PC -- Edge, IE11, Firefox and Chrome. I'd been using IE11 and noticed that it apparently synced my Favorites from Chrome, including the mobile bookmarks I saved on my Android phone. That sync activity also seemed to rearrange the order of links on my IE11 Favorites Bar.

Please help me understand how my browsers interact and sync with each other under Win10.

In my Win10 settings panel, I have Win10 set to sync browser settings but I thought that only applied to Edge. In addition to that Win10 sync setting, it looks like Google also syncs between at least some of the browsers. Do these sync settings play well with each other? Should all 4 of the above mentioned browsers sync with each other, and how do I make sure that the sync picks up my latest changes across all browsers and doesn't cause any to revert back to an older state?

Carnivore, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

1. Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync - Similar Threads - Chrome syncing anything

2. Syncing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Syncing Settings: Hi All, Is it possible to transfer settings across accounts in the same PC? THis is a family account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-settings/1b84cf76-8d89-400f-8a4a-8914db6aeea7
  3. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  4. Sync My Settings Not Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync My Settings Not Syncing: I had a problem previously related to my sync setting being greyed out. Now i have my 2 pcs logged in with a online Microsoft account, all the sync settings are turned on with both pc's. Still it does not seem to be syncing. Any suggestions guys? 147892
  5. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  6. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in Windows 10 Support
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  7. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...
  8. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...
  9. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

10. sync settings

sync settings: I am running windows 10 and i am supposedly the administrator of this pc when i go to settings and my sync options i get a message that i can not change these settings because they are hidden or managed by my organization what is this...