Windows 10: Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account

Discus and support Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 laptop. Parent and child both with Microsoft accounts. Child account will not open Chrome at all. I tried switching child account to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NHayden99, Jul 19, 2020.

1. NHayden99 Win User

Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account

Windows 10 laptop. Parent and child both with Microsoft accounts. Child account will not open Chrome at all. I tried switching child account to "local" account and that works, but now I can't apply screen limits that only apply through Microsoft Family settings. I have spent hours trying to figure this out but nothing works. What is going on?

:)

NHayden99, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account

Microsoft Family features won't let me use Google Chrome.

Hi Bradley,

Setting up Microsoft Family features on will help your kids safe online. If you're unable to access Chrome, we suggest that you perform these steps:

• Change your Microsoft account to a Local User account in Windows 10. Please refer to Greg Carmack - Windows MVP's post on this

link
      for the steps on how to.
    • After that, connect your account again as a Microsoft Account login. Check this

Wiki Article
      created by Andre Da costa for the steps.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account

1. Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account - Similar Threads - Chrome working Microsoft

2. microsoft family accounts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family accounts not working: I have been struggling to get Microsoft Family working for nearly a year, Its just not safe for my son to use the computer without this working, after spending many many hours with microsoft help, and endless hours searching the web, I have got nowhere. However, I think...
  3. microsoft family accounts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft family accounts not working: I have been struggling to get Microsoft Family working for nearly a year, Its just not safe for my son to use the computer without this working, after spending many many hours with microsoft help, and endless hours searching the web, I have got nowhere. However, I think...
  4. Microsoft Family Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Google Chrome: I downloaded Google Chrome and then made a new Google account so it is obviously not part of Microsoft Family, but would parents be able to still see the web history?...
  5. Microsoft Family Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Google Chrome: I downloaded Google Chrome and then made a new Google account so it is obviously not part of Microsoft Family, but would parents be able to still see the web history?...
  6. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  7. Microsoft family accounts

Microsoft family accounts: Im Interested in usuing microsoft family to track the content accessed by my kids to prevent inappropriate content. But what if one of my kids simply creates a new microsoft account and logs onto the xbox on that new account? This new account would not he part of my microsoft...
  8. Google Chrome not working even though im not in a microsoft family

Google Chrome not working even though im not in a microsoft family: So i left my Microsoft family months ago and other browsers than edge still ask for parents permission. Does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-working-even-though-im-not-in-a/fef89826-2e47-4580-aaf3-9aa855f72182
  9. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  10. Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family

Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family: I just got a new laptop, and I loved it. Or at first at least. I'm a big fan of Google Chrome, but unfortunately, I can't use it. I downloaded Google Chrome, but when I tried to open it, it brought up a Microsoft family page. It said I needed to ask an adult for permission....