Windows 10: Chrome notifications not going away

Discus and support Chrome notifications not going away in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 'Ease of Access > Show notifications for' does not work. Notification for things like USB thumb drive, auto play works correctly following the default... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nnyymm, Nov 6, 2018.

1. nnyymm Win User

Chrome notifications not going away

'Ease of Access > Show notifications for' does not work. Notification for things like USB thumb drive, auto play works correctly following the default 5 seconds.

Anyone experiencing this issue? My chrome mail and YouTube subscription just get stuck there forever until I open up action center, really broken.

I'm on 17763.107

Chrome notifications not going away [​IMG]

:)

nnyymm, Nov 6, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome notifications not going away - Similar Threads - Chrome notifications going

2. Live Caption notification - won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Caption notification - won't go away: Hi,Not sure if anyone is having this issue, but am getting an annoying notification that comes up above Live Captions saying:''Captions are being missed. Try closing some applications to improve performance''Then I press 'Got it'However, it comes coming back every time I...
  3. "All apps" notification won't go away

"All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  4. pua notification won,t go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pua notification won,t go away: how do i get the yellow triangle to go away in the taskbar on the windows security shield. i have windows 11 version 21h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-notification-wont-go-away/d0e1a8f4-6d41-42c4-bc05-0e66347e9529
  5. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  6. "All apps" notification won't go away

"All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  7. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Teams notifications won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams notifications won't go away: In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice...
  9. Teams notifications won't go away

Teams notifications won't go away: In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice...
  10. Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?: When I get notifications from Google Chrome(like a new upload from my YouTube subscriptions) they do not disappear on their own. However, when I get other notifications like a discord message, it will go away after a few seconds. This is extremely annoying especially in...