Windows 10: Chrome on Windows 10 to get Tab Groups, ability to scroll tabs using mouse

Discus and support Chrome on Windows 10 to get Tab Groups, ability to scroll tabs using mouse in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; While Google will soon bring the dark mode to Chrome, the search engine giant is also testing several other features for its browser on Windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome on Windows 10 to get Tab Groups, ability to scroll tabs using mouse

While Google will soon bring the dark mode to Chrome, the search engine giant is also testing several other features for its browser on Windows and other platforms. According to the latest findings, Google is testing a new feature called ‘Tab Groups’ and the ability to scroll between opened tabs using the mouse wheel.

Tab Groups will sync across devices

Google is working on a new feature called ‘Tab Groups’ that will arrange tabs into different groups. The feature will reportedly group different Chrome tabs together and it will benefit users who end up opening too many tabs.

Chrome on Windows 10 to get Tab Groups, ability to scroll tabs using mouse Chrome-Tab-Groups.jpg

Chrome in Canary branch has been updated with two new options ‘Add to new group’ and ‘Add to existing group.’ You can enable it in Chrome Flags menu and you will have to right click on an active Chrome tab to access the tab groups feature.

According to a Chromium Gerrit post, you can open a new tab from a website in a group and the tabs opened from that website will become part of the current tab’s group. For example, if you add Wikipedia to a group and open more links from the same website, the browser will add those pages to the same group. This should allow users to manage tabs more systematically.

The findings also revealed that users will be allowed to drag and drop tabs from a group to another. It also appears that these groups will sync across devices.

You will be able to scroll tabs using the mouse wheel

If you tend to open a lot of tabs, Google is working on a new feature that will make it easier for you to navigate between tabs. The feature is supposed to allow users to scroll between dozens of opened tabs using your mouse wheel.

The feature was first requested way back in 2008 and a new post on Chromium Gerrit finally addresses the feedback. The code commit aims to activate the next/previous tab on the horizontal scroll. It will allow users to use the mouse with horizontal scroll function,
    such as tilting wheel or separate wheel for h-scroll.

It’ll serve little to no purpose if you maintain few tabs but those who have tons of tabs sessions running, it can make finding countless tabs a lot easier

Currently, if you open gazillions of tabs, you’re supposed to tap on each tab unless you find the correct one. If this feature is enabled in a future release of Chrome, the browser will let you scroll open tabs using your mouse’s scroll wheel.

This nifty addition to Chrome would be a huge relief for those users that keep plenty of tabs open all the time and found it switch between them.

The aforementioned features are still under development phase and it’s not known if or when the features will be added to Chrome for Windows.

The post Chrome on Windows 10 to get Tab Groups, ability to scroll tabs using mouse appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019

2. Google accidentally invents new way to close Chrome browsers

Ha, another thing my old ass Opera 12.17.1863 can do that chrome cant.

For those calming Chrome to be better, point to a proper mouse gesture and tab selecting mechanism like opera (hold RMB and scroll and you scroll through a list of your open tabs, with a preview)

Brusfantomet, Feb 2, 2019
  3. grawity Win User
    How to prevent touchpad scrolling from carrying over to different tabs on Windows/Chrome?

The problem is that this "inertial scrolling" isn't done by Chrome, but instead by your touchpad driver. That is, the driver emulates inertial scrolling by continuing to send fake "mouse scroll" events after you release the touchpad. Programs like Chrome cannot distinguish these scroll events from "real" ones.

(Perhaps Windows 10 "Precision Touchpad" mode is supposed to fix this? Though still it would only help with modern touchpad-aware programs.)

I would suggest disabling inertial scrolling globally in your touchpad's settings.

There is no option to disable Ctrl+scroll zooming in Chrome, but see older threads – some of them describe how to set up AutoHotKey to block Ctrl+scroll events system-wide:

grawity, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

Naki, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Chrome on Windows 10 to get Tab Groups, ability to scroll tabs using mouse - Similar Threads - Chrome Tab Groups

2. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  3. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  4. Windows 11 - Grouping Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Grouping Tabs: Hello,I just got the new Windows 11, and I can't stand when the tabs group together. It takes longer to complete task.I've tried to find the option to ungroup them with no luck.Is the option to do so no longer available?If not will they add it? If not who do we complain too....
  5. Windows 11 - Grouping Tabs

Windows 11 - Grouping Tabs: Hello,I just got the new Windows 11, and I can't stand when the tabs group together. It takes longer to complete task.I've tried to find the option to ungroup them with no luck.Is the option to do so no longer available?If not will they add it? If not who do we complain too....
  6. Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window: I cannot scroll across different programs and have to click/alt-tab into a tab/program in order to scroll up or down. If I am tabbed into Edge, then I can't hover my mouse over sticky notes and scroll down. I do not think this is a hardware issue, as if I use another mouse...
  7. Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window

Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window: I cannot scroll across different programs and have to click/alt-tab into a tab/program in order to scroll up or down. If I am tabbed into Edge, then I can't hover my mouse over sticky notes and scroll down. I do not think this is a hardware issue, as if I use another mouse...
  8. Desktop scrolling/tabbing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop scrolling/tabbing: Windows 10 Ver 20H2 build 19042.964 10 year + Mac user defecting (back) to windows. Very impressed. I use a logitech ergo mx. Dual screen set up. On my mac the scroll wheel was programmed to tab or scroll through the desktops (I like to maximize the apps). I have set it up on...
  9. Disappearing tabs on Chrome.

Disappearing tabs on Chrome.: Yesterday and today, I've noticed that occasionally, the last couple of tabs on Chrome disappear, then reappear when I open a new tab. What do I do about it?
  10. Introducing tab groups in Google Chrome to keep tabs on your tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing tab groups in Google Chrome to keep tabs on your tabs: Coming to Chrome: a new way to use tabs There are two types of people in the world: tab minimalists who have just a few tabs open at a time and tab collectors who have...significantly more. For minimalists and collectors alike, we’re bringing a new way to...