Windows 10: Chrome onscreen media controls in Windows 10

Discus and support Chrome onscreen media controls in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sorry I know this is totally a Chrome issue but since the Google product forums are rubbish I've come here. On recent versions of Chrome there is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gusgf, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Gusgf Win User

Chrome onscreen media controls in Windows 10

Sorry I know this is totally a Chrome issue but since the Google product forums are rubbish I've come here.

On recent versions of Chrome there is support for keyboard media controls which means if you are playing a video on your Chrome browser you can use the media controls on your keyboard to control the playback. Great!

But in their wisdom the 'gurus' at Google have come up with something whereby you will see a small Chrome popup with media controls (Reverse, Play/Pause, Forward) next to the volume control on the desktop. What's ultra annoying this popup obscures my main screen for about 4 seconds where I have a coding window and need to see content.

Does anyone know how to continue this handy functionality but stop the blasted, pointless popup window? What were these [email protected]@ts thinking?

:)

Gusgf, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Chrome onscreen media controls in Windows 10

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Chrome onscreen media controls in Windows 10

1. Chrome onscreen media controls in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome onscreen media

2. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use: Ever since the last update, I have been unable to use a bluetooth controller normally with my system. Every time I connect it to my machine via bluetooth, the controller works with whatever game I have open at the time, but ALSO changes audio and media playback. if i press up...
  3. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use: Ever since the last update, I have been unable to use a bluetooth controller normally with my system. Every time I connect it to my machine via bluetooth, the controller works with whatever game I have open at the time, but ALSO changes audio and media playback. if i press up...
  4. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Google Chrome’s media player is getting playback speed controls

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s media player is getting playback speed controls: Most of us tend to use YouTube and apps when it comes to streaming content on desktop, but there are instances when you’ve to rely on Chromium’s HTML-based in-built media player, which is used in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and other Chromium-based browsers. As per the new...
  6. Media Controls on the Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Controls on the Windows 10: I have a problem with media controls, they always was good but saddenly they dissapeared and i didnt find in setting how to enable them, can anyone help?[ATTACH]...
  7. New audio and video media controls now available in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    New audio and video media controls now available in Google Chrome: Hello,Reading in the Forum, I found "New audio and video media controls now available in Google Chrome".My default browser is Google-Chrome, updated (Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)).Saw the video clip in the forum, searched in my browser - did not find it.See...
  8. Chrome is getting media playback controls on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome is getting media playback controls on Windows 10: Google has been working on a global media controls feature for Chrome that lets you control media content playing in the background. The feature allows you to control videos and music playing in Chrome right from your browser toolbar. Over the weekend, Google pushed out a...
  9. Axis media control on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Axis media control on windows 10: Hi, I am having difficulty getting Axis Media Control app to work on windows 10 Enterprise nvr. Seems to download OK but tries to start and then stops very quickly. Any suggestions, please?...
  10. Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome Starting with Google Chrome 77, you can enable the Global Media Controls experimental flag that adds a Play button to the toolbar of Google...