Windows 10: Chrome Open File Window combusts when I click on "Downloads" in quick access menu...

Discus and support Chrome Open File Window combusts when I click on "Downloads" in quick access menu... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It just gets stuck on this https://i.imgur.com/TnndpmL.png This never happened on W7/8. Sometimes this problem is not there, sometimes it is. W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MeSmeshFruit, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Chrome Open File Window combusts when I click on "Downloads" in quick access menu...

/u/MeSmeshFruit, Apr 9, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Chrome Open File Window combusts when I click on "Downloads" in quick access menu...

Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Chrome Open File Window combusts when I click on "Downloads" in quick access menu...

1. Chrome Open File Window combusts when I click on "Downloads" in quick access menu... - Similar Threads - Chrome Open File

2. how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.: How do I open a downloaded file? After downloading, when I click on the file to open it, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-downloaded-file-when-i-click-on-a/6e7c7489-45cb-49b5-b2b9-63fcf5664bb5
  3. how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.: How do I open a downloaded file? After downloading, when I click on the file to open it, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-downloaded-file-when-i-click-on-a/6e7c7489-45cb-49b5-b2b9-63fcf5664bb5
  4. Quick Access Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Menu: The quick access menu is supposed to have headings such as "folders" and "recent files" like in the first image. On my computer, they have disappeared. Hey are nice ease of access things i'd like back...
  5. Quick Access Menu

Quick Access Menu: The quick access menu is supposed to have headings such as "folders" and "recent files" like in the first image. On my computer, they have disappeared. Hey are nice ease of access things i'd like back...
  6. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access: I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its fine whats wrong...
  7. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access: I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its fine whats wrong...
  8. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...
  9. Quick access right click menu order? Unpin from quick access before Open in new window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access right click menu order? Unpin from quick access before Open in new window: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change order of right click menu on pinned items in quick access? What bothers me is that at home the order goes: (1) Open in new windows (2) Unpin from quick access but on my work PC its the other way...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...