Windows 10: Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

Discus and support Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, chrome keeps randomly opening new tabs to the link: s1.toupdate15.com, I figured it is some kind of a virus or a software that I have to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shima_13, Jan 14, 2021.

1. shima_13 Win User

Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

Hello,

chrome keeps randomly opening new tabs to the link: s1.toupdate15.com, I figured it is some kind of a virus or a software that I have to uninstall off my conputer but I don’t know how to locate it and permanently delete it.

[Original Title: Virus??]

:)

shima_13, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

Well perhaps a tab manager would allow you to easily identify and close unwanted tabs as well as providing a list of open tabs that you can click to open. Plus import or export tab lists so that you don't loose them. Anyway that was my line of thinking.

Everywhere I look - it seems that there is no way to override external link handling in Chrome by design.

One thing you can do is use this extension:

Open Link in Same Tab - Chrome Web Store

It does open external links in the same tab but requires a right click to choose option from context menu.

Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus? [​IMG]

Callender, Jan 14, 2021
  3. rezarawat Win User
    Google chrome and firefox starting up with a virus website (fanli90)

I've tried malware bytes and still no solution. It found a few viruses and still nothing. Website still opens up with a virus website. I've become accustomed to chrome becoz of the way my bookmarks and the new tab page is set up so I really don't wana change. And as for task manager I've tried that but I cannot find anything suspicious I'm going to check it out again soon, thank you. Any other options?

rezarawat, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

"Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "Whenever I click open link in new tab", are you referring of opening link in the new tab or clicking on link in a particular page to open in new tab?
    • When you say that "the link opens in a new tab but also in the page I'm on", is the link opens in the new tab near to the open websites?

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

1. Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus? - Similar Threads - Chrome Opens tab

2. google chrome opens 14 tabs even though only 1 tab is opened, is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome opens 14 tabs even though only 1 tab is opened, is this a virus?: disk 100% and google chrome opens 14 tabs even though only 1 tab is opened, is this a virus? is there any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-opens-14-tabs-even-though-only-1-tab/726c885b-fe3d-42fb-9c8c-62f57461e1e3
  3. google chrome opens 14 tabs even though only 1 tab is opened, is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome opens 14 tabs even though only 1 tab is opened, is this a virus?: disk 100% and google chrome opens 14 tabs even though only 1 tab is opened, is this a virus? is there any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-opens-14-tabs-even-though-only-1-tab/726c885b-fe3d-42fb-9c8c-62f57461e1e3
  4. Opening a website directly in a new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a website directly in a new tab: Hi When I open a new tab in Microsoft Edge 87.0.x for Windows 10 20H2, how do I open a website directly? Thanks Bye 171423
  5. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  6. opening a link on a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening a link on a website: I'm trying to open a link while on a website and it takes me to the Microsoft Windows update page. My computer is up to date so I don't know what to do! Anyone else had this happen? I need help! Thanks!...
  7. How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome: Okay so check this out: So I am aware that If I press Ctrl+Click on a link, it will open in a new tab, yet I'm not asking for that. There are certain websites that when I only Left Click a link, it automatically opens in a new tab. So now I have two tabs open; the same page...
  8. Suspicious website popping up in new tab when Chrome starts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious website popping up in new tab when Chrome starts: Recently, I've been getting an odd page opening up when I start up Chrome after rebooting or being on standby. Code: "]Redirect I searched into it and all I could find was pages about UnHackMe, which I ran and it found nothing. What IS this thing, and how do I get rid...
  9. New Boot Option and Chrome contacting suspicious host...Virus???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Boot Option and Chrome contacting suspicious host...Virus???: Hello Everyone, So I've just noticed that rebooting my PC now presents my with two options, I have to select windows 10 everytime, there is an unknown boot option I can't find any information on. I've also noticed in glasswire that chrome is contacting...
  10. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked: about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's causing this behavior. 97302