Windows 10: Chrome opens but immediately closes

Discus and support Chrome opens but immediately closes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Strum13, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Strum13 Win User

Chrome opens but immediately closes

chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just random. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my desktop but it always does the same thing. The folder with the app data fix and renaming it to default or w/e doesn't work cause the folder doesn't even exist on my computer.

:)

Strum13, Jul 12, 2022
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

Installed:

April 2018 update

KB4103721

All apps etc were working until KB4103721 was installed and the PC was restarted. After the restart Chrome will nor open. It starts to open then closes immediately. Removing the update did not help. Removal and reinstall of Chrome did nothing.

Suggestions?

Dave____J, Jul 12, 2022
  3. Chrome closes immediately upon opening (1-2 seconds max)

My Chrome browser closes immediately upon opening (1-2 seconds max), it opens up and I can see my default homepage then it automatically closes in a spilt second. I am unable to toggle the settings menu or anything before it closes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and a system restore but with no luck. now my firefox refuses to open also and then I came across a thread saying it might be a problem with Microsoft. How do I fix this? Chrome is vital for me.

Justin King1, Jul 12, 2022
  4. cfourkays Win User

Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close

Really strange problem. Owner has Windows 10 Home.
    His first complaint was that in trying to open a pdf, it would open and immediately close. Took over the PC and he was right. Went to open Chrome and same thing happened.
    Everything else, all programs normal.
    First, ran Malwarebytes and adware removal. Nothing
    Uninstalled and reinstalled both programs. Same problem.
    Made sure all updates were done. 1909 had not been. Updated.
    Ran sfc /scannow. Said it fixed problems. Didn't fix this one.
    Ran all 3 DISM cleanups. Still there.
    Kinda running out of ideas.
    Since I'm working this remotely, I'm not about ready to do an install repair.
    Have the owner using Edge for both browsing and opening pdfs.

Pete

cfourkays, Jul 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Chrome opens but immediately closes - Similar Threads - Chrome opens immediately

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  5. Chrome opens but immediately closes

Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  6. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing....
  7. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  8. Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close: Really strange problem. Owner has Windows 10 Home. His first complaint was that in trying to open a pdf, it would open and immediately close. Took over the PC and he was right. Went to open Chrome and same thing happened. Everything else, all programs normal. First, ran...
  9. Outlook opens and then immediately closes

Outlook opens and then immediately closes: A computer friend has helped me some. We've disabled a McAfee Addon, but still doing the same thing. How do I repair this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-opens-and-then-immediately-closes/ac5e4c73-200d-425d-ad84-6d84b917e198
  10. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...