Windows 10: Chrome opens but immediatlly closes

Discus and support Chrome opens but immediatlly closes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tipani0, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Tipani0 Win User

Chrome opens but immediatlly closes

when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing.

:)

Tipani0, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Jun 15, 2021
  3. can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Thagstrom Win User

google chrome will not open

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

Are you getting any error messages when it tries to open?

The first thing I would try is to restart your computer and then test it.

If a restart does not work then I would suggest to open task manager and close any chrome servers.

To do this you can right click the task bar and select task manager.

Then click "more details".

Under the processes tab scroll through everything and look for anything that says chrome or has the chrome icon.

For anything that is chrome click on it then select "end task".

After this is done go to the "details" tab and do the same steps.

After this attempt to open chrome again.

If neither of these work then you should try to uninstall chrome then re-install it.

Thagstrom, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Chrome opens but immediatlly closes - Similar Threads - Chrome opens immediatlly

2. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome: Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and close immediately afterwards.-Any Google Chrome browser already open will close and reopen with the previously open tabs...
  3. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome: Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and close immediately afterwards.-Any Google Chrome browser already open will close and reopen with the previously open tabs...
  4. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  5. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  6. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing....
  8. Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself: When I try to open chrome, it tries to open for a split second and then crashes. Please help, I need to use Chrome submitted by /u/The321gofast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl9co7/chrome_opens_for_a_split_second_then_closes_itself/
  9. Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close: Really strange problem. Owner has Windows 10 Home. His first complaint was that in trying to open a pdf, it would open and immediately close. Took over the PC and he was right. Went to open Chrome and same thing happened. Everything else, all programs normal. First, ran...
  10. Google Chrome refreshed but opens and closes instantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome refreshed but opens and closes instantly: My son's computer is new 2 days old, word 10. Today when he started it up, a refreshment of google was underway afterwhich he was unable to open the Chrome page. It opened quickly to present the homepage of the research engine Bing and then closed nearly instantly. Can anyone...