Windows 10: Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself

Discus and support Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to open chrome, it tries to open for a split second and then crashes. Please help, I need to use Chrome submitted by /u/The321gofast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The321gofast, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself

When I try to open chrome, it tries to open for a split second and then crashes. Please help, I need to use Chrome

submitted by /u/The321gofast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The321gofast, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Oct 30, 2020
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10 I am unable to open WORD. The system opens it for a split second and then closes it.

After upgrading to Windows 10 I am unable to open WORD. The system opens it for a split second and then closes it.

Annie Chastain, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself

SPLIT SECOND not working

when i open my split second game then it just show stooped working and a diloag box appear says close programe

SwemSharma, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself

1. Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself - Similar Threads - Chrome opens split

2. pc freeze for a split second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freeze for a split second: every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know it freezes the audio too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-for-a-split-second/bb0ae101-8334-41fb-8cf0-06afa578a5fe
  3. Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close: Really strange problem. Owner has Windows 10 Home. His first complaint was that in trying to open a pdf, it would open and immediately close. Took over the PC and he was right. Went to open Chrome and same thing happened. Everything else, all programs normal. First, ran...
  4. Programme closing itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Programme closing itself: I recently reinstalled Panorama Maker4 on my PC, which I used to use before updating to Windows10. I have a disc to load the software from, that came with a camera. Once installed on the PC, when I click on the shortcut the programme opens up, and I breifly see the normal...
  5. Google Chrome refreshed but opens and closes instantly

Google Chrome refreshed but opens and closes instantly: My son's computer is new 2 days old, word 10. Today when he started it up, a refreshment of google was underway afterwhich he was unable to open the Chrome page. It opened quickly to present the homepage of the research engine Bing and then closed nearly instantly. Can anyone...
  6. Games open for a brief second, and then close.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games open for a brief second, and then close.: I have tried opening a game from my windows 10 computer multiple times only for it to close as soon as it opens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-open-for-a-brief-second-and-then-close/75e1c438-ae85-4b75-a4e1-64142c30d6d7
  7. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  8. Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own: Recently, not sure exactly when, my mouse wireless has a tendency to run off and stay in the corner or the side of the screen. There seems to be a very faint circle where the cursor lands. Sometimes it blinks for a bit and then I can use it again. Sometimes it takes logging...
  9. Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.: I have tried many things I have read in other threads discussing the same problem. Very frustrated, please help. thanks, Chris...
  10. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82