Windows 10: Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control.

Discus and support Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I found when a windows 10 account is set as 'child' role in Microsoft Family Safety, any browser except Edge cannot be started. I know it might be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by richardne, Jun 8, 2022.

1. richardne Win User

Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control.

Hi I found when a windows 10 account is set as 'child' role in Microsoft Family Safety, any browser except Edge cannot be started. I know it might be for the logging of activity reporting. If I just want to monitor the app usage for the account but not the 'web and search', is there any way to keep another browser such as chrome and the features which include screen time and app monitoring work? All the discussions to solve the 'chrome blocked' problem point to deactivating Microsoft Family Safety, but that is not a real solution to me.

:)

richardne, Jun 8, 2022

2. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 8, 2022
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jun 8, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control. - Similar Threads - Chrome browser banned

2. Is there any built in way to encrypt applications like chrome or other browsers with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any built in way to encrypt applications like chrome or other browsers with...: Hi, I'm trying to find a safe encryption method for encrypting applications like browsers on windows as they contain sensitive data. I don't find device protection enough for those....
  3. Is there any built in way to encrypt applications like chrome or other browsers with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any built in way to encrypt applications like chrome or other browsers with...: Hi, I'm trying to find a safe encryption method for encrypting applications like browsers on windows as they contain sensitive data. I don't find device protection enough for those....
  4. Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control.: Hi I found when a windows 10 account is set as 'child' role in Microsoft Family Safety, any browser except Edge cannot be started. I know it might be for the logging of activity reporting. If I just want to monitor the app usage for the account but not the 'web and search',...
  5. Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control.

Chrome or any other browser is banned under 'my family' control.: Hi I found when a windows 10 account is set as 'child' role in Microsoft Family Safety, any browser except Edge cannot be started. I know it might be for the logging of activity reporting. If I just want to monitor the app usage for the account but not the 'web and search',...
  6. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family: I've searched, I've read, I've even googled it, but I can NOT figure out for the life of me how to ADD google chrome to the blocked app list in MS Family. In fact I see no option on how to ADD any program there. I've seen other people ask this question, and it never EVER gets...
  7. Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome?: I am recently preparing to use Microsoft Family Safety for my kid. Nevertheless, my kid seldom use Microsoft Edge as his common browser, he uses Vivaladi instead....
  8. Does MS family block sites on other browser like chrome ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does MS family block sites on other browser like chrome ?: HI i have installed MS family ion my kids comp, i have added the sites which intend to block , and they work perfectly well on MS edge , but now the main issue is when she uses Google chrome , she can access the same site which i have blocked on MS family , now first...
  9. How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.: I like Microsoft Family. It helps me control the time use of my two young kids. However, for filtering WWW contents, it seems to me it works only for Edge or Explorer. What about other browsers such as Chrome?...
  10. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers: Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the error Err_connection_failed. In edge this problem comes under: hmmm... can t reached...