Windows 10: Chrome passwords stored insecurely?

Discus and support Chrome passwords stored insecurely? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using Lastpass password manager. I installed an offline component for Lastpass which includes a feature to import passwords. During the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kol12, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Kol12 Win User

Chrome passwords stored insecurely?

I'm using Lastpass password manager. I installed an offline component for Lastpass which includes a feature to import passwords. During the installation of the component I was prompted with a box saying that Lastpass had found the following passwords stored insecurely on your computer offering to import the passwords and then delete them from my computer. The passwords it found were all Chrome login credentials from websites I visit that require user and password logins. Of all the "passwords" it found it was mainly just the website addresses and only a few user names but no actual passwords. I don't use Chrome's password manager so that should be why no passwords were stored.

My question is, why is Chrome still logging all of the websites I use that require user and password logins and why would Lastpass deem them as insecure? Out of curiosity I ran the Lastpass importer again it found all of the same websites and credentials again so it seems it didn't delete them from my computer after all. Where is Chrome storing this information?

:)

Kol12, Nov 14, 2016

2. Google Chrome Saved Password, Requested Account Password But Password Is False

I can already see the passwords stored in Google Chrome by typing my initial name and my account password.

Thank you

Indra Krisnadi, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Stored passwords

Thanks Greg

aprilcampbell2, Nov 14, 2016
  4. altae Win User

In your user profile. If you're really concerned about your privacy, don't use a browser by google. They simply cannot be trusted.

altae, Nov 17, 2016
  5. Kol12 Win User
    I think I've found the particular settings that lead to this data being logged or saved. It's within the "manage passwords" section of settings where there is an auto sign-in tick box which will automatically sign you into websites using stored credentials.

Chrome passwords stored insecurely? [​IMG]

Chrome passwords stored insecurely? [​IMG]

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome passwords stored insecurely? - Similar Threads - Chrome passwords stored

2. insecure system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    insecure system?: I recently found that my financial info had been used and now I find that I can't be reimbursed.I felt something was up for the last year or two because I can't get a fresh install to boot in normal mode.But the reason I'm here is i've found that my pci lock was not checked...
  3. insecure system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    insecure system?: I recently found that my financial info had been used and now I find that I can't be reimbursed.I felt something was up for the last year or two because I can't get a fresh install to boot in normal mode.But the reason I'm here is i've found that my pci lock was not checked...
  4. insecure system?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. google chrome searches showing as insecure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome searches showing as insecure: I've been noticing that when I search for pretty much anything on chrome in windows 10 the searches are showing up as insecure with the exclamation icon in the URL instead of the lock symbol. This is happening on 2 devices and I just got them fully scanned for viruses at...
  6. Insecure wifi message.

Insecure wifi message.: Keep getting messages that the wifi is not secure...yes I know about the old wifi standards. The issue is that I have WPA2-AES, which is recommended. Why do I continue to get notices that my wifi is not secure and being phased out? Other devices in the house are all apple...
  7. How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox: How secure is it storing passwords in Chrome or Firefox? Are they stored locally and if Chrome/Firefox was open could anyone access the passwords or is there a master password needed first? Thanks 160529
  8. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome: Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages). This move follows a plan we...
  9. Insecure Guest Logons

Insecure Guest Logons: Could Somebody tell me If I enable insecure guest logons, Is that Ok? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/insecure-guest-logons/eb39b0a8-98c3-45c1-ade5-442bf96ce96f
  10. Passwords in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Passwords in Google Chrome: Hello, Making preparations for a new computer, like exporting my bookmarks, how can I export my passwords to transfer them into a new computer to come. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106140

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does chrome store passwords insecurley