Windows 10: Chrome Profile Crashed + Windows Shortcuts & Restore Points Missing

Discus and support Chrome Profile Crashed + Windows Shortcuts & Restore Points Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1903. Last two updates on 30/05/19: Flash Player Security and Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 I (normally) have a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newto10, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Newto10 Win User

Chrome Profile Crashed + Windows Shortcuts & Restore Points Missing

Windows 10 v1903. Last two updates on 30/05/19: Flash Player Security and Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8

I (normally) have a very stable system but this morning problems came thick and fast:

• Chrome closed unexpectedly with what I took to be symptoms of a corrupt profile - all my bookmarks vanished and extensions were disabled.
    • Possibly at the same time but overlooked because of the Chrome issue, many of my Windows Taskbar shortcuts became inactive and when selected, gave a "can't open this item, it might have been deleted or moved"
    • Several shortcut Tiles and application listings themselves also disappeared from the Start Menu including File Explorer. I could start them with a keyboard shortcut but could not find any clue in the shortcut properties to show why they weren't working. The icons on the Taskbar active applications are also blank in some cases.
    • My network settings started asking for passwords for access to the NAS

I had created a couple of restore points soon after the last MS updates and decided to revert to the latest one, however, when I got there backup and restore was switched off and reported no restore points were available. I haven't been able to find them manually despite hidden files being visible.

I made a System Image about 4 weeks ago but it doesn't appear to be recognised - and the only external Recovery drive I have is the same although it's 15 months old so I'm not sure if it would be any use anyway.

I"m just about try the fixing on startup options but don't hold out much hope. Will report progress but in the meantime any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

:)

Newto10, Jun 10, 2019

2. Missing Profile WIN10

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I request you to check if your profile is listed under users list or not. Follow the below step and check:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type netplwiz in the box and hit enter.

If it is not listed, I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart
      under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.

Hope this helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 10, 2019
  3. want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'

yes the shortcut points to this exactly.....is it possible the vbs code is different for W10 ?

reddwarf4ever, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Chrome Profile Crashed + Windows Shortcuts & Restore Points Missing - Similar Threads - Chrome Profile Crashed

2. Restore Point Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Point Crashing: We had a power outage while my computer was running a restore point. when the power came back it could not boot to the lock screen, it keeps showing me the statyup screen which leads to the recovery options. I've been trying to use the system restore point to recover my pc...
  3. Restore Point Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Point Crashing: We had a power outage while my computer was running a restore point. when the power came back it could not boot to the lock screen, it keeps showing me the statyup screen which leads to the recovery options. I've been trying to use the system restore point to recover my pc...
  4. Restore Point Crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  6. Missing system restore points

Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  7. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. restore point crash

restore point crash: so my restore point crashed after a few hours of restoring. but i have a bootable media so can i use that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-crash/d2890a15-c848-448a-b088-815d0d036952
  9. Chrome Profile Crashed + Windows Shortcuts & Restore Points Missing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Profile Crashed + Windows Shortcuts & Restore Points Missing: Windows 10 v1903. Last two updates on 30/05/19: Flash Player Security and Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 I (normally) have a very stable system but this morning problems came thick and fast: Chrome closed unexpectedly with what I took to be symptoms of a...
  10. System Restore Points Missing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Points Missing: I was thinking about restoring my hard drive to an earlier configuration to see if that would correct an issue I'm having with one of my applications. But when I opened the System Restore window, I was surprised to see only one Auto Restore Point, dated within the past week....