Windows 10: Chrome Remote Desktop froze/ disabled trackpad & keyboard...

Discus and support Chrome Remote Desktop froze/ disabled trackpad & keyboard... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the latest Windows 10 1909 build in May'20, I was experiencing either frozen trackpad & keyboard or them completely getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 29, 2020.

1. Chrome Remote Desktop froze/ disabled trackpad & keyboard...

Ever since I installed the latest Windows 10 1909 build in May'20, I was experiencing either frozen trackpad & keyboard or them completely getting disabled. Sometimes a reboot would help, sometimes only the keyboard would work, sometimes both would work until one or both of them would just randomly freeze. Even the 'Mice' option under Device Manager would disappear most of the times.

I didn't understand what was going wrong. I tried all possible solutions like uninstalling Windows updates, driver updates/ rollback etc. and nothing worked. I almost prepared to do a complete reset of the laptop, and I am not sure how I realized that the problem could be something else. As it turned out, Chrome Remote Desktop was also installed around the time I updated Windows, and uninstalling it has resolved the problem for me. It was something that never occurred to me.

Everything is working normally now after I uninstalled Chrome Remote Desktop and rebooted my laptop. Can someone tell me why this problem was caused and how to address it without uninstalling Chrome Remote Desktop?

:)

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 29, 2020

2. Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.

• Find Keyboards in the list of devices and
      click the arrow to expand it.

• Right-click on the internal keyboard and click
      Disable

• If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall

• Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.

Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If
    that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure in order to uninstall it again.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.

• Click to expand Mice and other pointing devices.

• Right click the touchpad and click Disable.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 29, 2020
  3. Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I had a question about the tablet mode feature. I have a 2-in-1 convertible laptop, but when folding it into tablet mode the keyboard and trackpad are only disabled when the laptop is fully folded.

I don't know why it is set up this way as it would make more sense to disable the trackpad and keyboard once the screen is past 180 degrees.

I noticed the tablet mode activates once the laptop is past 180 degrees so is there anyway to set the keyboard and trackpad to automatically disable when Windows 10 is in tablet mode?

Thanks!

Legacy.EXE, May 29, 2020
  4. Chrome Remote Desktop froze/ disabled trackpad & keyboard...

Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties in keyboard setting for the other PC through Remote Desktop connection.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop input language to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Also suggest you to refer the sections that says “Why do incorrect characters appear in the session?”
    From this article: Frequently
    asked questions about the Remote Desktop clients
    and check if that helps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Chrome Remote Desktop froze/ disabled trackpad & keyboard...

1. Chrome Remote Desktop froze/ disabled trackpad & keyboard... - Similar Threads - Chrome Remote Desktop

2. Disabling Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Remote Desktop: Hi, I need help disabling the check mark on the Remote Desktop that says “change settings to allow remote connections to this computer” for some reason when I uncheck it, it does not allow me to apply the changes. Can I have some help on this issue and how to possibly apply...
  3. Remote desktop keyboard issues.

Remote desktop keyboard issues.: I have 2 PCs at home, one that is headless and I remote desktop into. Everything works great except for 1 thing.. When I connect via Remote Desktop, it closes the current user session and opens a session for Remote Desktop. Any input used with the keyboard of the remote...
  4. Remote Chrome Desktop and Disabled Control Panel

Remote Chrome Desktop and Disabled Control Panel: I was following this link to disabled the settings/control panel and it works perfectly. But then when I tried to use the remote chrome desktop to generate the security code on the local computer, it now says that the computer is offline (but it is not). Before I disabled the...
  5. Chrome Remote Desktop and Disabled Control Panel

Chrome Remote Desktop and Disabled Control Panel: I followed this link to disable the settings/control panel. Now when I try to use the chrome remote desktop, it says that the local computer is offline but it is not. Has anyone seen this and what is the workaround for this? Thanks. submitted by /u/kolinkorr839 [link]...
  6. Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop: I'm running Windows 10 and connecting into my desktop from a second PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop. Is there a way to disable the 'Remote Audio' driver on the host PC? I want to be able to control the audio settings on the host PC separate from the 'Remote Audio'...
  7. Chrome remote desktop installation issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome remote desktop installation issue: I'm trying to install Chrome Remote Desktop but I get the following message: Service '@C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome Remote Desktop\80.0.3987.18\remoting_core.dll,-101'chromoting could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system...
  8. Is Chrome Remote Desktop Safe?

Is Chrome Remote Desktop Safe?: It had been suggested to me that I install Chrome Remote Desktop on my Win 10 pro so I could control it from my Android Tablet. However, I was wondering how secure this would be since the Android is on WiFi? We were going to use this with our Chromecast Ultra and have the Win...
  9. Disable Remote Desktop

Disable Remote Desktop: Hi everybody, Anyone knows a working way to DISABLE "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer" via Registry only?! I searched and found something on the web but none works, Windows 10 Enterprise... Thanks indeed *Smile 64193
  10. Remote Desktop option disabled

Remote Desktop option disabled: Hi Team, I am using windows 10 .I have issues to access with Remote Desktop .I did not see any settings related to Remote Desktop . i can see option for Remote access .Could you please help me how to get Remote Desktop option . Thanks Madhu 36392