Windows 10: Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Is Chrome Remote Desktop not working for you? There are several causes that can lead to the Chrome Remote Desktop failing to function properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 15, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10

Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10 Chrome-Remote-Desktop-not-working.jpg
    Is Chrome Remote Desktop not working for you? There are several causes that can lead to the Chrome Remote Desktop failing to function properly. For instance, there might be a glitch in the app or permission problems. This article will discuss the reasons and potential solutions that will fix the problem. Why is Chrome Remote […]

This article Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 15, 2022

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10

1. Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Chrome Remote Desktop

2. Remote desktop does not work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop does not work in windows 11: Hi. I cannot connect to my windows machine running 11RDC is enabledFrom pc on same network when attempting to connect, it sees it right enough, but it will not accept my credentials. the account is a microsoft one. I am entering the correct info, this is not the issue.I have...
  3. Remote desktop does not work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop does not work in windows 11: Hi. I cannot connect to my windows machine running 11RDC is enabledFrom pc on same network when attempting to connect, it sees it right enough, but it will not accept my credentials. the account is a microsoft one. I am entering the correct info, this is not the issue.I have...
  4. Remote desktop not working on Windows 11 machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop not working on Windows 11 machines: ErrorsWhen I try to connect from my laptop to my desktop using Windows Remote Desktop Connection I get the error of:Remote desktop cannot connect to the computer for one of the following reasons:1Remote access to server is not enabled2Remote computer is turned off3The remote...
  5. Remote desktop not working on Windows 11 machines

Remote desktop not working on Windows 11 machines: ErrorsWhen I try to connect from my laptop to my desktop using Windows Remote Desktop Connection I get the error of:Remote desktop cannot connect to the computer for one of the following reasons:1Remote access to server is not enabled2Remote computer is turned off3The remote...
  6. Chrome remote desktop installation issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome remote desktop installation issue: I'm trying to install Chrome Remote Desktop but I get the following message: Service '@C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome Remote Desktop\80.0.3987.18\remoting_core.dll,-101'chromoting could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system...
  7. WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING: Been using the app for years. Have a Windows 7 Professional Laptop on a Wireless Network in the Office. Have just installed a Windows 10 Professional PC on a Hardline Connection. Wrote a "Rule" in Norton to Trust the Laptop. Rule works as I can ping the Windows 10 Unit...
  8. How to get Chrome Remote Desktop to work 24/7?

How to get Chrome Remote Desktop to work 24/7?: I can get it working while I'm home, but that defeats the purpose. As soon as my home computer goes on Standby, then Remote Desktop says my home computer is offline. I had the same problem with Teamviewer.
  9. Is Chrome Remote Desktop Safe?

Is Chrome Remote Desktop Safe?: It had been suggested to me that I install Chrome Remote Desktop on my Win 10 pro so I could control it from my Android Tablet. However, I was wondering how secure this would be since the Android is on WiFi? We were going to use this with our Chromecast Ultra and have the Win...
  10. Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?

Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?: Odd. I use No-ip, and have a registered host name that I have used in the past to connect to my Windows 8.1 system Since a clean install of Windows 10, I no longer can connect using the MS remote desktop app on my mac to my pc. I have allowed remote connections, and the port...