Windows 10: chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar

Discus and support chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem has to do with the flags. I have read extensively on the chrome support forum about this problem. None of the so called solutions work.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulaE., Aug 9, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar

This problem has to do with the flags. I have read extensively on the chrome support forum about this problem. None of the so called solutions work.

I understand there is a flag that will disable something so that the search stays in the search bar where it belongs.

There were some good advisors here on the flags who helped me when Chrome started introducing these annoy9ing things.

Can someone tell me which flag I need to disable? What is the name of it. I have tried putting various queries in the search bar of the page with the APIs but it doesn't help me.

There is nothing in chrome settings to fix this.

Thank you.

:)

paulaE., Aug 9, 2020
  2. LEOPEVA64 Win User

Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query

When you choose the "Address bar" option, you will only be able to search in the address bar, if you try to type something in the search box (the one in the middle), you will notice that it automatically redirects you to the address bar, this is how it works in Chrome currently, basically the "Address bar" option turns the search box into a "fakebox".

If you choose the other option (Search box), you can type directly in the search box (it will not redirect you to the address bar), and you will be able to search in the search box with Bing and in the omnibox (address bar) with Google (or with any other search engine).

Many users wanted to have the option to search in the New Tab Page with a search engine other than Bing and this was Microsoft's response to those requests, in fact, if you choose the "Address bar" option, you will notice that the Bing logo disappears from the search box.

Interestingly, in Chrome, that "fakebox" will soon become a "realbox", that is, it will be possible to type directly into the search box without being redirected to the omnibox, this feature can be enabled in Chrome with a flag.

LEOPEVA64, Aug 9, 2020
  3. VooDoo Win User
    No Search Suggestions In Address Bar

Hi

I cannot get Edge to show search suggestions in the address bar. I have enabled it in settings but nothing. This is not new behaviour for this version (79.0.308.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)), but for a while now. I didn't really notice till around May till i started using this as my main browser. Any help or pointers appreciated.

Thanks

VooDoo, Aug 9, 2020
  4. chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar

1. chrome search information jumps up to address bar instead of staying in search bar - Similar Threads - chrome search information

2. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  3. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  4. Search Bar/Address Bar Has Turned Grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar/Address Bar Has Turned Grey: Hello. I encounter this issue yesterday. For some reason when typing in the search bar/address bar it turns grey. Not sure if I did something to it or accidently hit a key. Is there a way to change it back? Below is a picture of what is does now. It also turns the outline of...
  5. Search Bar/Address Bar Has Turned Grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar/Address Bar Has Turned Grey: Hello. I encounter this issue yesterday. For some reason when typing in the search bar/address bar it turns grey. Not sure if I did something to it or accidently hit a key. Is there a way to change it back? Below is a picture of what is does now. It also turns the outline of...
  6. Search bar acting up

in Cortana
    Search bar acting up: My search bar keeps doing this thing where it glitches randomly as though it's been clicked refer to the image below. It's been about a week since it started and none of the troubleshooting steps have done much to help. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?...
  7. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  8. Search Bar

Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  9. Using Windows search bar and Chrome

Using Windows search bar and Chrome: Is there any way to perform searches in Windows that use Chrome instead of Bing? submitted by /u/Alendrathril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga1pxi/using_windows_search_bar_and_chrome/
  10. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...