Windows 10: Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected.

Discus and support Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! So yesterday I opened Google Chrome and walked away from my computer and when I came back there was over 20 notifications in my notification... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bunny-00, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Bunny-00 Win User

Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected.

Hi!

So yesterday I opened Google Chrome and walked away from my computer and when I came back there was over 20 notifications in my notification center saying things like “your system is infected. You need to download antivirus software.” There were also scary images like skulls within the notifications. Is my PC infected? Im running Windows 10. And today when I opened chrome to do some school work, it gave me all the same notifications. Also when I ran McAfee it told me there was nothing found.

:)

Bunny-00, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Apr 16, 2021
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 16, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

How do I send notifications?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option3

Click on Start button *Start and open Settings.
    Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. [​IMG]

Go to System > Notifications & Actions > Show notifications from these apps
    Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. [​IMG]

If Chrome is there in the list, it can send notifications.

Even if a new blog entry results in a email to your synced mail account, the notification will be generated.

Thema:

1. Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. - Similar Threads - Chrome sending notifications

2. My System is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My System is infected: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? [Original Title: ratting]...
  3. Firefox not sending notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox not sending notifications: Firefox is not sending notifications to Windows 10 Action Center, even though I have them enabled both through Windows 10 & Firefox. I have set permissions to allow for notifications, and I have them turned on through Windows 10 however I cannot get any thing to notify me....
  4. Blue screen says PC infected.

Blue screen says PC infected.: Have read 2 responses to this question - how can I perform any processes with screen locked & no cursor visible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/blue-screen-says-pc-infected/d5c9b142-e02e-41b4-a419-1177bfd2bb45
  5. send google chrome link to my devices?

in Browsers and Email
    send google chrome link to my devices?: Hey guys, I noticed an option today while using Google Chrome that I didn't know before. I can right-click on a link and select the option "Send to my devices". The problem is that I have two devices to choose from. One is my mobile phone and the other is a desktop I don't...
  6. I got a notification that my device is infected.

I got a notification that my device is infected.: Is this a scam or is it legitimate? What should I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-notification-that-my-device-is-infected/414b7e01-d080-42d5-a70e-80325e6c5023"
  7. Getting an alert saying my computer is infected

Getting an alert saying my computer is infected: Im getting a alert from Microsoft saying that my computer is infected * Original title: microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-an-alert-saying-my-computer-is-infected/4c58fbc0-0922-4aea-aef9-ed3f95406396"
  8. Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??

Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??: Recently, for many sites where they require me to click on the box to confirm "I am not a robot", there is another box popping up requesting me to choose all the images of either "crosswalks", "bus" or "cars".... It's VERY TROUBLESOME. However, at the same time I use another...
  9. Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.: Hello, I am missing Google Chrome system notification icon. I already tried enabling in Chrome settings and I also tried turning it on Windows 10 Settings. No matter what I do I can't get the icon back. Thanks in advance....
  10. Infected by chrome-updates.win phishing site

Infected by chrome-updates.win phishing site: Hi, My computer has been infected by "https://chrome-updates.win/s.html" site. It can be caused a program which is not safe for my computer I installed. When I opened Chrome or a new tab, it directs me to this address. At first, that page opened with nothing, just white...