Windows 10: Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected.

Discus and support Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! So yesterday I opened Google Chrome and walked away from my computer and when I came back there was over 20 notifications in my notification... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bunny-00, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Bunny-00 Win User

Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected.

Hi!

So yesterday I opened Google Chrome and walked away from my computer and when I came back there was over 20 notifications in my notification center saying things like “your system is infected. You need to download antivirus software.” There were also scary images like skulls within the notifications. Is my PC infected? Im running Windows 10. And today when I opened chrome to do some school work, it gave me all the same notifications. Also when I ran McAfee it told me there was nothing found.

:)

Bunny-00, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Apr 16, 2021
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 16, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

How do I send notifications?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option3

Click on Start button *Start and open Settings.
    Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. [​IMG]

Go to System > Notifications & Actions > Show notifications from these apps
    Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. [​IMG]

If Chrome is there in the list, it can send notifications.

Even if a new blog entry results in a email to your synced mail account, the notification will be generated.

Thema:

1. Chrome sending notifications saying my system is infected. - Similar Threads - Chrome sending notifications

2. Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account: Why chrome always sent me notifications to reconnect to my account, i do not want to connect to my account. Why does chrome harass me multiple times to reconnect every day with this????...
  3. Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account: Why chrome always sent me notifications to reconnect to my account, i do not want to connect to my account. Why does chrome harass me multiple times to reconnect every day with this????...
  4. My system is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My system is infected: A. UserReplied on April 27, 2020ReplyIn reply to Reza Ameri's post on April 15, 2020My device was hijacked using WMI Window Management Instrumentation. An attacker controls everything using VBS scripts.I have never been connected to any work network.I connected to the...
  5. Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen

Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen: This is a PC that was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 several months ago. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I am unable to turn on notifications for Google Chrome. If I click the toggle, it turns back off immediately. If I click the on the bar...
  6. Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen: This is a PC that was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 several months ago. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I am unable to turn on notifications for Google Chrome. If I click the toggle, it turns back off immediately. If I click the on the bar...
  7. Disable Websites Edge,Chrome from sending notifications through Notification center on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Websites Edge,Chrome from sending notifications through Notification center on...: Hi,While doing post-mortums of security incidents where malware was installed on a windows pc we found out that in most cases the user was the weakest link no surprises thereAs it turned out, users receive push notifications from a malicous website that tries to impersonate...
  8. Disable Websites Edge,Chrome from sending notifications through Notification center on...

Disable Websites Edge,Chrome from sending notifications through Notification center on...: Hi,While doing post-mortums of security incidents where malware was installed on a windows pc we found out that in most cases the user was the weakest link no surprises thereAs it turned out, users receive push notifications from a malicous website that tries to impersonate...
  9. Notification that my computer is infected

Notification that my computer is infected: Windows 10Microsoft Edge desktopnotificationshub keeps popping up and saying my computer is infected and wants me to go to McAfee to get rid of them. When I run a virus check using Malwarebytes, nothing shows up. How do I get rid of that?...
  10. My System is infected

My System is infected: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? [Original Title: ratting]...