Windows 10: Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game.

Discus and support Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two displays and I've set chrome to use integrated GPU, while game is running at discrete GPU. Nonetheless, as soon as I switch to game, chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aberroco, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game.

I have two displays and I've set chrome to use integrated GPU, while game is running at discrete GPU. Nonetheless, as soon as I switch to game, chrome resets priority to background and any video starts stuttering. I'm not sure if it's windows feature, or chrome feature, or maybe even game does this, but I'll try to ask here too, maybe someone knows a way to force priority.

submitted by /u/aberroco
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aberroco, Apr 18, 2022

2. Focus assist settings while playing games

Hi Jem,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be. You can follow steps below to prevent few applications from interrupting your gaming experience. However, for other third party applications, you will need to check with the settings within the applications
    to prevent it from interrupting you when it is not in use.

1. Go to Settings > Gaming.
    2. On the left pane, click on Game mode.
    3. On the right pane, toggle on the switch under
      Game mode
    4. Again go to Settings > System.
    5. On the left pane click on Focus assist.
    6. On the right pane, toggle on the switch across
      When I’m playing a game

The priority list can be selected by clicking on the
    Customize your priority list.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath_H, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Low Priority in Task Manager

So I got Black Ops Cold War the other day, and I was lagging a small bit from time to time, so I decided to up the priority. I was surprised to find it at "low" but didn't think anything of it, and yet every time I put the priority to normal or above,
    it automatically sets back to low once I open the game window again. I've never had this problem before. It's not a major issue but i'd like to know the reasoning/fix because its just an inconvenience.

SuzieJames, Apr 18, 2022
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game.

Game priority

There should be no need to set your games to High Priority in Task Manager.

If you are using a low or low\med spec system enabling
    Game Mode may improve performance a little bit,

but don't expect more than a couple of extra fps. These sort of optimisations are just fiddling around the edges.

The only way to improve gaming performance significantly is with better hardware, graphics processor in particular.

If you have a high spec system, you don't really need to do either of the above.

https://www.howtogeek.com/302717/what-is-game-mode-in-the-windows-10-creators-update/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/75936-turn-off-game-mode-windows-10-a.html

BossDweeb, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game.

1. Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game. - Similar Threads - Chrome setting low

2. windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority: so when i open any game it lags or any program so i open task manager and click on that program it show its on low priority and when i switch it to normal and open that program it automatically goes back to low any fix for this? im on windows 11 and this has never happened to...
  3. windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority: so when i open any game it lags or any program so i open task manager and click on that program it show its on low priority and when i switch it to normal and open that program it automatically goes back to low any fix for this? im on windows 11 and this has never happened to...
  4. i cant set my game as priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant set my game as priority: i want to play beamng or beammp on high priority beacause its really laggy. In the screenshot i run the task manager as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-set-my-game-as-priority/4614f249-be52-49e9-bb39-b632c58ef608
  5. i cant set my game as priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant set my game as priority: i want to play beamng or beammp on high priority beacause its really laggy. In the screenshot i run the task manager as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-set-my-game-as-priority/4614f249-be52-49e9-bb39-b632c58ef608
  6. Setting Battery Priority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting Battery Priority: Hello to all,I have a laptop that have an unsual set up: it have 2 batteries. One fixed and one removable. I would like Windows to use the removable battery first, then the fixed battery. This way, I can have the fixed battery powering the laptop while I swap the removable...
  7. Setting Battery Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Battery Priority: Hello to all,I have a laptop that have an unsual set up: it have 2 batteries. One fixed and one removable. I would like Windows to use the removable battery first, then the fixed battery. This way, I can have the fixed battery powering the laptop while I swap the removable...
  8. Game priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game priority: Hello, quick question.When i set my Game priority in task manager to high i get imput lag on keyboard is there any way to make it so the game stays high priority but no imput lag? Maybe to put high priority on something else....
  9. Low Priority in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Priority in Task Manager: So I got Black Ops Cold War the other day, and I was lagging a small bit from time to time, so I decided to up the priority. I was surprised to find it at "low" but didn't think anything of it, and yet every time I put the priority to normal or above, it automatically sets...
  10. Discord setting itself to low priority?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Discord setting itself to low priority?: My pc is kinda bad, nearly every game that isn't indie takes cpu up to 100%. To make sure discord still actually functions, I've been trying to set it to realtime priority. Problem is, it resets itself all the way to low every 5-30 minutes (It's really inconsistent, I don't...