Windows 10: Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts

Discus and support Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Generally I have no problems with Win 10 2004 or Chrome but when using Chrome today my PC suddenly shut down and restarted for no apparent reason. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilMcLeod, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts

Generally I have no problems with Win 10 2004 or Chrome but when using Chrome today my PC suddenly shut down and restarted for no apparent reason.

On restart, as soon as I tried to go to Chrome it again shut down and restarted.

After second restart I first opened Outlook that was OK, then tested Edge, that I do not normally use, and that was OK

Then tried Chrome again and now appears OK

Anyone any thoughts on this please

:)

PhilMcLeod, Aug 30, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts :confused:*Mad Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Aug 30, 2020
  3. midgo Win User
    Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Taz100420 Win User

Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts

Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts

1. Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts - Similar Threads - Chrome shuts down

2. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Win 10 not restarting when restart iselected, does a shut down instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 not restarting when restart iselected, does a shut down instead: I can initiate a shut down and then manually restart my PC/Windows in the usual way. I can log off and on again. And I even seem to be able to launch a restart from the log-in screen if I've logged out. But within Windows START-POWER-RESTART fails and my PC goes into a normal...
  7. Chrome shut down and will not reopen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome shut down and will not reopen.: I was using Google Chrome and something went wrong and all my sites that I was visiting closed down. I tried to load Chrome again and it would not load. I hit the Chrome app and it tries to come up and after about two seconds, it goes off. It is not open in Task Manager....
  8. Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down: I have replaced a HDD in a NAS unit and another in my Humax recorder and I find that if I try to use the Windows WSL feature to edit and format these drives as EXT3, my laptop refuses to shut down/restart. I have to force a shut down with a 30sec press of the on/off switch....
  9. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  10. win 10 - shutting down and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 - shutting down and restart: why my windows 10 take so much time to shutdown and restart ? i have a 480 gb ssd, 32 gb ram, kaspersky internet security,all updates done. any fix to resolve this ? bye 87080