Windows 10: Chrome starts slowly

Discus and support Chrome starts slowly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Recently my Google Chrome browser has begun taking a few seconds to start up. I believe the problem started with a recent Windows Update. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Phrosen, May 18, 2021.

1. Phrosen Win User

Chrome starts slowly

Hello, Recently my Google Chrome browser has begun taking a few seconds to start up. I believe the problem started with a recent Windows Update. I think it was the following update, but I am not sure: KB5003173. Before the update Chrome took maybe 2 seconds to start the first time (after starting the computer), and then maybe half a second to start after that. After the update it takes about 5 seconds to start chrome, and closing chrome and restarting it doesn't make it faster. I googled for "chrome starts slow windows 10" and found this: Fix: Chrome Takes Forever to Load on Windows 10 - Appuals.com I tried everything on the list but to no avail. I started Taskmanager and checked the Performance tab while starting Chrome - I notice that my Disk goes up to 100% while Chrome is starting up. I am guessing that has something to do with the problem.. Anyone know how to fix my slow startup? Thanks in advance. =)

:)

Phrosen, May 18, 2021

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, May 18, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Chrome starts slowly

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Chrome starts slowly

1. Chrome starts slowly - Similar Threads - Chrome starts slowly

2. Camera starting up slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  3. camera starting up slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  4. Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?: Since a windows update, my chrome has suddenly been starting up very inconsistently and slowly. It used to be instant (less than a second) vs now being anywhere from 7-15 seconds. I did the basic troubleshooting steps and they didn’t help. After another windows update,...
  5. Computer suddenly started running really slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly started running really slowly: My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still....
  6. facebook loads very slowly in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    facebook loads very slowly in chrome: facebook loads very slowly in chrome (Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in my account on my laptop works fine in new edge this only happens in my account i tried loading fb in my daughter account in chrome on same laptop works fine this only happens with fb...
  7. facebook loads very slowly in chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    facebook loads very slowly in chrome: facebook loads very slowly in chrome (Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in my account on my laptop works fine in new edge this only happens in my account i tried loading fb in my daughter account in chrome on same laptop works fine this only happens with fb...
  8. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up: My computer is slow starting up and about 30 minutes later it freezes up and I have to turn it off and try to look for the problem. I've looked on HP support assistant and can't find the problem. I recently received the free McAfee antivirus but I didn't want because it was...
  9. Windows start very slowly

Windows start very slowly: About a month ago I had an update for Windows 10 and after that, the computer began to boot very slowly (it took him more than 30 minutes to go up and reach to the login screen) and sometimes the language changed to gibberish or strange symbols. After about a week, the...
  10. Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work: So about two or three weeks ago, I was typing something and I noticed that my left shift key wasn't working, though my right one was. Though I was concerned, I didn't try to do anything and just used the right one. Last night, I was trying to turn the brightness down by using...