Windows 10: Chrome tabs in startup list?

Discus and support Chrome tabs in startup list? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a clean Windows installation with a new X Hero motherboard and I have found startup to be very slow (25.8 seconds) I have noticed in Task... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kol12, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Chrome tabs in startup list?

I have a clean Windows installation with a new X Hero motherboard and I have found startup to be very slow (25.8 seconds) I have noticed in Task Manager that Chrome is in the Startup list with 19 instances. This surely is the slow boot cause..

My question is why has Chrome made it's way to startup and what are the 19 instances? I am assuming that this is somehow initiated with a clean Chrome installation. I also have a Chrome icon in the app tray (Let Google Chrome run in the background)

:)

Kol12, Mar 5, 2018

2. Utorrent and Chrome auto starting

Using the task manager startup tab, neither Utorrent nor Chrome are listed. Utorrent starts even though I've unchecked the startup tab. Also now Windows 10 keeps removing the Chrome icon on the task bar but continues to auto start Chrome and goes to
    the last page I was working on rather than the home page.

GaryWatsonYX, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Chrome still in startup after uninstalling Chromium

what i have uninstalled is the chromium not the google chrome.... but after uninstalling chromium it seems like its name changed from chromium to "chrome" in the startup tab(im referring to the encircled one).... also look at the icon of that chromium
    in the startup tab, after i uninstalled, it turns into a square Tab....

when i try to right click this, the option for location is grayed out

Wesley DenmarkAbbas, Mar 5, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

When you install chrome, it has option to make it run at startup. Apparently you did not uncheck this option. You can change it by:
    Right click on the taskbar->Startup then right click on Chrome->Disable

Yep, this is normal when you run Chrome.

topgundcp, Mar 5, 2018
  5. Kol12 Win User
    There is no Startup option from a right click menu on the taskbar. I take it you meant disable Chrome from the startup tab in Task Manager...

I know that it's normal to have many instances of Chrome in the Processes tab of Task Manager. I was referring to the 19 instances of Chrome in the Startup tab, like this:

Chrome tabs in startup list? [​IMG]

Kol12, Mar 5, 2018
  6. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Mar 5, 2018
  7. Kol12 Win User
    I had a Chrome icon running in the app tray. When I right clicked on it it said "keep Chrome running in the background". I un-ticked it and now it no longer shows in Task Manager as it did in the screenshot above. The icon has permanently gone from the app tray to it seems.

I'm guessing that Chrome can be configured during installation to run at startup as I apparently chose. I have no idea exactly what processes it loads with Windows though.

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome tabs in startup list? - Similar Threads - Chrome tabs startup

2. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  3. Empty startup list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty startup list: there is nothing in task manager, MSconfig, and in Windows 10 settings but I found it in ccleaner how to fix it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] sorry for bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-startup-list/9a575b2f-6428-4b5c-8c3e-fddf46928bf9
  4. "Utility" listed in startup on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Utility" listed in startup on Win10: Hello! I had recently refreshed my laptop to clean it up a bit. I noticed that this file called "utility" shows up under my startup area and I can't figure out what it is for. When I right click it, the only options I get is to search it online as the rest of the options...
  5. Why is Chrome in my Startup list?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is Chrome in my Startup list?: Lately when I turn on PC it goes thru the usual startup process, but then it opens Google Chrome to either a blank web page or a previously opened page? So I went to Task Manager > Start up and saw this? How did Chrome get into my Startup folder? Is it ok to simply delete...
  6. tabs question for chrome

in Browsers and Email
    tabs question for chrome: Looking for something similar to this extension for chrome Openintabs-erase //addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/openintabs-erase/ . Also, is there a way to set up tabs so they appear on the bottom of bookbark bar instead of on top? If yes, how plz thx 59583
  7. Startup user is not in user list

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup user is not in user list: At startup Win 10 quickly goes to a user and says "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK and then select the proper user from a list on the left of the screen, then click "Sign In" and everything is fine. That first user is not in my list of users....
  8. W10 Startup list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Startup list: Is there a list somewhere that I can access to check what startup programs I can stop from starting? Running W10 and this is on a business computer that is slow to boot. 104392
  9. Startup Program listing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Program listing: Noticed this under my startup programs but it does not show to be running. Should I remove it or what? Uninstall C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.5892.0626\amd64 Ron 43106
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...