Windows 10: Chrome tabs in startup list?

Discus and support Chrome tabs in startup list? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a clean Windows installation with a new X Hero motherboard and I have found startup to be very slow (25.8 seconds) I have noticed in Task... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kol12, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Chrome tabs in startup list?

I have a clean Windows installation with a new X Hero motherboard and I have found startup to be very slow (25.8 seconds) I have noticed in Task Manager that Chrome is in the Startup list with 19 instances. This surely is the slow boot cause..

My question is why has Chrome made it's way to startup and what are the 19 instances? I am assuming that this is somehow initiated with a clean Chrome installation. I also have a Chrome icon in the app tray (Let Google Chrome run in the background)

:)

Kol12, Mar 5, 2018

2. Utorrent and Chrome auto starting

Using the task manager startup tab, neither Utorrent nor Chrome are listed. Utorrent starts even though I've unchecked the startup tab. Also now Windows 10 keeps removing the Chrome icon on the task bar but continues to auto start Chrome and goes to
    the last page I was working on rather than the home page.

GaryWatsonYX, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Chrome still in startup after uninstalling Chromium

what i have uninstalled is the chromium not the google chrome.... but after uninstalling chromium it seems like its name changed from chromium to "chrome" in the startup tab(im referring to the encircled one).... also look at the icon of that chromium
    in the startup tab, after i uninstalled, it turns into a square Tab....

when i try to right click this, the option for location is grayed out

Wesley DenmarkAbbas, Mar 5, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

When you install chrome, it has option to make it run at startup. Apparently you did not uncheck this option. You can change it by:
    Right click on the taskbar->Startup then right click on Chrome->Disable

Yep, this is normal when you run Chrome.

topgundcp, Mar 5, 2018
  5. Kol12 Win User
    There is no Startup option from a right click menu on the taskbar. I take it you meant disable Chrome from the startup tab in Task Manager...

I know that it's normal to have many instances of Chrome in the Processes tab of Task Manager. I was referring to the 19 instances of Chrome in the Startup tab, like this:

Chrome tabs in startup list? [​IMG]

Kol12, Mar 5, 2018
  6. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Mar 5, 2018
  7. Kol12 Win User
    I had a Chrome icon running in the app tray. When I right clicked on it it said "keep Chrome running in the background". I un-ticked it and now it no longer shows in Task Manager as it did in the screenshot above. The icon has permanently gone from the app tray to it seems.

I'm guessing that Chrome can be configured during installation to run at startup as I apparently chose. I have no idea exactly what processes it loads with Windows though.

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome tabs in startup list? - Similar Threads - Chrome tabs startup

2. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  3. outlook tab in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    outlook tab in chrome: when i open chrome, it opens 5 tabs, the problem is with outlook tab only, it does not load outlook website, until i click on the tab when i click on outlook tab it starts loading the website by itself, without me pressing the refresh button i have the latest version of...
  4. Disappearing tabs on Chrome.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing tabs on Chrome.: Yesterday and today, I've noticed that occasionally, the last couple of tabs on Chrome disappear, then reappear when I open a new tab. What do I do about it?
  5. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...
  6. Adware opens new chrome tab on windows 10 startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware opens new chrome tab on windows 10 startup: Everytime I opened my PC in the last few days, Chrome would start on its own, opening a new tab with ads. I tried to look on [Task Manager>startup], and the Windows startup folder for any links/shortcuts, but nothing. Chrome settings appear to be clean. I also did a safety...
  7. Programs listed in Settings>Startup Apps and Task Manager>Startup tab do not automatically...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs listed in Settings>Startup Apps and Task Manager>Startup tab do not automatically...: Some programs that are listed in both the Startup Apps and the Startup tab of the Task Manager do not automatically start when the system boots. In any event, I think programs that are listed in the Startup Apps and the Startup tab of the Task Manager should automatically...
  8. PC is booting up Google Chrome/Firefox on startup, but it's not listed in my startups?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC is booting up Google Chrome/Firefox on startup, but it's not listed in my startups?: Every time I reboot Windows, it's launching Google Chrome and Firefox, as well as the millions of tabs I had open, which obviously bogs down my startup. I'm assuming one of these recent updates creates a saved version of my desktop and attempt to reinstate it the moment I...
  9. Why is Chrome in my Startup list?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is Chrome in my Startup list?: Lately when I turn on PC it goes thru the usual startup process, but then it opens Google Chrome to either a blank web page or a previously opened page? So I went to Task Manager > Start up and saw this? How did Chrome get into my Startup folder? Is it ok to simply delete...
  10. tabs question for chrome

in Browsers and Email
    tabs question for chrome: Looking for something similar to this extension for chrome Openintabs-erase //addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/openintabs-erase/ . Also, is there a way to set up tabs so they appear on the bottom of bookbark bar instead of on top? If yes, how plz thx 59583