Windows 10: Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004)

Discus and support Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ^ submitted by /u/hrithik15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9kphx/chrome_takes_time_to_open_after_new_update_2004/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hrithik15, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004)

/u/hrithik15, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

4. 3Colors Win User

Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004)

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004) :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004)

1. Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004) - Similar Threads - Chrome takes open

2. Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time: Last night ɪ decided to update my windows cause my fps was dropping to 30-60, ɪ woke up at 10 and it was on 90% and ɪ just been in bed waiting on it to be don, its currently 4:00 and its still at 90%, theres no issues with my pc, ɪ have 32gb of ram and my pc is fairly new,...
  3. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  4. Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004

Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004: I've updated twice to 2004 but have had to roll back to 1903 as both my browsers do not open. Nothing happens when I click on them therefore I cannot access the internet. I'm having to keep pausing the update to 2004. How do I make the browsers open if I update to 2004?...
  5. version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!

version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!: I recently formatted my PC and installed the 2004 version of Windows 10. This version is very slow and heavy, applications take a long time to open. The only good thing about this version is that it has solved the blue screen problem The previous version 1903 was good, but...
  6. All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update: Hi. I have updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and after applying this update it takes 15+ seconds to launch Firefox, Google Chrome, the new Edge... It does not matter witch I launch, all are about same launch speed. System is a i9-9900 CPU with 16GB ram. I have tried to...
  7. After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time

in Browsers and Email
    After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time: I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer on over night) new pages in the browser (I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11) takes very long time to access/load....
  8. After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time: I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer on over night) new pages in the browser (I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11) takes very long time to access/load....
  9. Chrome after taking update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome after taking update: Anyone else having problems with Chrome since update? Some pages do not load properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-after-taking-update/522839d1-d51a-420f-bf24-d8e58c021ebf
  10. Right click on desktop to open new file takes lot of time .Google chrome stiops opening any...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop to open new file takes lot of time .Google chrome stiops opening any...: When I press right click on mouse on desktop the pop up window opens instantly but clicking NEW for file takes lot of time to open. secondly google chrome stopes starting new browser once all browsers are closed .This is also random and sudden. both problems are almost...