Windows 10: Chrome taskbar icon in Windows 10 1809.

Discus and support Chrome taskbar icon in Windows 10 1809. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems that with Windows 10 Pro 1809 my Chrome taskbar icon isn't static. This is with my desktop computer. What I mean is, with prior version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gabe1972, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Gabe1972 Win User

Chrome taskbar icon in Windows 10 1809.

It seems that with Windows 10 Pro 1809 my Chrome taskbar icon isn't static. This is with my desktop computer. What I mean is, with prior version of Windows 10 Pro I could click on the Chrome icon to open a page, and when the page opened the Chrome icon itself would still be in the taskbar, enabling me to click it again to open a second page, and so on. Now, that static icon is gone. When I click on the taskbar Chrome icon now, it turns into an icon for the open page, and the only way to open another page is to use the tab button in Chrome itself.

I suppose I'll get used to it like any other change, but it's annoying. And it's not the taskbar setting having to do with combining taskbar icons or hiding them. It's set exactly the same as it was before. Actually, I have a laptop with W10 1803, and I compared the settings. They're the same. The laptop works the way it always did, and the way I want it to. I toggled the setting on my desktop to see if it made any difference, but it didn't.

Has anyone else noticed this with Windows 10 1809? I'd really like my static Chrome icon back. It does the same with Firefox. I don't use Edge.

I installed 1809 as a fresh install, from a downloaded ISO. I didn't upgrade through Windows Update.

Thanks.

:)

Gabe1972, Nov 20, 2018
  2. HoanCu Win User

Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Hi,

Follow these simple steps:

1. Open Chrome

2. After having 2 Chrome icon, Unpin the icon that's not open

3. Right click the other, choose pin from taskbar

Next time you click Chrome it won't appear 2 icon on the taskbar.

Hopefully it works for you.

Dears

HoanCu, Nov 20, 2018
  3. smerling Win User
    Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome taskbar icon in Windows 10 1809. - Similar Threads - Chrome taskbar icon

2. Google Chrome on Windows 10 1809 Enterprise LTSC?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome on Windows 10 1809 Enterprise LTSC?: Please I would like to know is Google Chrome still supporting Windows 10 1809 Enterprise LTSC? As far I know Google Chrome still working on Windows 10 1809 Enterprise LTSC and i am using Windows 10 1809 Enterprise LTSC 172325
  3. Icons on taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar Windows 10: How do I get icons to appear only once on the task bar for multiple windows of the same app? I prefer to see the Icon once on the taskbar and then have multiple windows appear within the menu above when right-clicking on that icon....
  4. Icons on the taskbar - windows 10

Icons on the taskbar - windows 10: Hi, I've been experiencing some problems with the icons from several apps Calc, Spotify, Skype, Microsoft Store, etc. From a certains point in time, these icons just disappeared from the takskbar, though I can see that the app is active see picture as na exemple[ATTACH]. I...
  5. Windows 10 1809 Clipboard, Edge and Chrome

Windows 10 1809 Clipboard, Edge and Chrome: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1809, however this build of Windows is experiencing issues that I never had on 1803 The Start Menu, Edge Browser, and the new UI are not able to interact with the Clipboard. I am unable to copy or paste anything to or from any of these...
  6. Windows 10 1809 Taskbar Color

Windows 10 1809 Taskbar Color: I recently updated to version 1809 from 1709 and I am having trouble adjusting the taskbar color. If I set the transparency to off, then the taskbar is black, but windows are also black, but if I set transparency to off, windows are transparent, but the taskbar is dark blue....
  7. Taskbar icons are really small Windows 10 1809 Home User

Taskbar icons are really small Windows 10 1809 Home User: HI I am needing some help and details please. I have the latest version of Windows 10 Home. I have recently have become aware that some of the icons on the right side of the lower taskbar are very small in size and print. I would like it if I could find out away to make...
  8. 7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome

7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome: On both my Windows 10 home PC and work computer, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker causes duplicate buttons on the taskbar of Chrome that turn invisible: [img] As you can see in the image, there are two blank icons in front of the Chrome icon. Both of these are working and open...
  9. Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar: I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned...
  10. Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly: i can create a Chrome taskbar Icon by right clicking the chrome.exe file. When I first launch Chrome using the taskbar icon it launches as it should. However, for reasons unknown to me, after a period of time the Chrome Taskbar icon loses its functionally and I get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 chrome

2. 1809 chrome

3. chrome icon in taskbar

4. chrome icon on taskbar,
  5. google chrome icon is not working on taskbar,
  6. chrome launches to tasbar only,
  7. how to set chrome to open new window in taskbar win 10,
  8. get chrome icon on taskbar,
  9. chrome see tabs in icon in taskbar,
  10. show chrome icon on taskbar,
  11. chrome icons in windows taskbar,