Windows 10: chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing

Discus and support chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after resetting my default search engine i have yahoo iconin the search bar and these things missing on my home page. please don't tell me to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by paulaE., Jun 12, 2019.

1. paulaE. Win User

chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing

after resetting my default search engine i have yahoo iconin the search bar and these things missing on my home page. please don't tell me to go to chrome support because they are not helpful. they either don't answer or cn't follow the question. i have windows 10 and I will not reset chrome to default. then i'll really have a mess. thank you.

:)

paulaE., Jun 12, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing - Similar Threads - chrome thumbnails missing

2. The thumbnails under Chrome's search space are back

in Browsers and Email
    The thumbnails under Chrome's search space are back: A few years ago I stopped Chrome from displaying the sits visited in thumbnails under the search space. Something happened and now they are back, I know I can click the three dots and delete each one but I want to stop Chrome from saving them. I can't find how I fixed that...
  3. Anyone getting missing characters weird spaces on some Chrome pages?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone getting missing characters weird spaces on some Chrome pages?: I noticed this issue 2 weeks ago... and I've been on a 4K monitor for about 3 weeks. The problem is that every now and then, there are lettings missing on what is being rendered inside Chrome. The first time it happened was in Gmail so I thought the app was glitchy. Then I...
  4. search bar is missing on windows.

in Cortana
    search bar is missing on windows.: i have it on show search box. why it gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-is-missing-on-windows/95c8c034-ecce-4d34-b1d2-6ed5378da12d
  5. Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing: W10 Ver 1903 On occasion, all my chrome tiles will disappear from my Start Menu...usually following a W10 update. It's very frustrating. I've stopped trying to customize my start menu directly with Chrome shortcuts. My solution is to use standard Windows folders to hold my...
  6. Using Windows search bar and Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Windows search bar and Chrome: Is there any way to perform searches in Windows that use Chrome instead of Bing? submitted by /u/Alendrathril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga1pxi/using_windows_search_bar_and_chrome/
  7. Search bar and missing file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar and missing file: My search bar has gone walkies and not come back also I had a file and now I can't find it anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-and-missing-file/77393ae1-a9cc-4b3a-911b-222deee84385"
  8. search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit...

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit...: i'm unable to reset chrome as my search engine. yahoo shows up and i removed it from the list in settings. I'm unable to get into the msn mail. i don't want to reset chrome to default. please help also search bar in start up page is missing as are my original thumbnails. i...
  9. Icons missing in the search bar

in Cortana
    Icons missing in the search bar: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, version 1809, on my Lenovo Legion y520 IKBN and everything works fine except the fact that the icons for the Windows apps don't show up properly. I have updated just yesterday to ver. 1903 hoping that an update will fix the...
  10. Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?: I've set Chrome to use Google as my home page. I've noticed since the last update that on first loading, I often get a broad black bar along the top of the screen or a black Chrome window. All is fine when I click the Home button and I see the Google page OK. Is this a bug in...