Windows 10: chrome toolbar

Discus and support chrome toolbar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently received a new computer that has Windows 10. My Chrome toolbar from Windows 7 has been replaced with a toolbar I used with Windows XP. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pafdavis, Jan 3, 2020.

1. pafdavis Win User

chrome toolbar

I recently received a new computer that has Windows 10. My Chrome toolbar from Windows 7 has been replaced with a toolbar I used with Windows XP. How can I get my current meaning Windows 7 toolbar back?

:)

pafdavis, Jan 3, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jan 3, 2020
  4. chrome toolbar

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

chrome toolbar

1. chrome toolbar - Similar Threads - chrome toolbar

2. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop: Hi,every day I keep changing Adobe being a default app for pdf files. And every day when I start my laptop, Adobe is back to Chrome. This is ridiculous to be doing every day.Thank you....
  3. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop: Hi,every day I keep changing Adobe being a default app for pdf files. And every day when I start my laptop, Adobe is back to Chrome. This is ridiculous to be doing every day.Thank you....
  4. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chrome Top Toolbar Missing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Top Toolbar Missing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In any web browser, the toolbar represents an important item. It makes the browsing experience hassle-free and navigation easier. You can even personalize it to fit your needs. In Google Chrome this process is quite easy. Use this workaround to restore the missing...
  6. How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome: If you often mirror your web browser on an external display, you can show Google Cast toolbar icon in Google Chrome to get things done faster. It is possible to show or hide the Google Cast toolbar icon using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Google Cast...
  7. Managing the Chrome toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Managing the Chrome toolbar: Has anyone else noticed the erratic toolbar icon behavior since Chrome included that static "Extensions" toolbar button on the right? Random buttons are prone to involuntarily change positions or are removed from the toolbar altogether (not the drop down menu), even tho...
  8. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  9. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  10. Chrome toolbar disappears when using Instagram on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome toolbar disappears when using Instagram on desktop: Hi: I'm using an HP Laptop, Windows 10. I'm trying to post to IG from my desktop. But when I open Instagram through my Chrome browser the toolbar disappears. I need this toolbar so I can go to Developer Tools to change the settings so I can upload photos directly from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store chrome tool bar