Windows 10: Chrome Update

Discus and support Chrome Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just updated Chrome and all the tabs and the bookmarks bar text changed fonts. Instead of being bold they are very light. I can't find where to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stealth2920, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Chrome Update

I just updated Chrome and all the tabs and the bookmarks bar text changed fonts. Instead of being bold they are very light. I can't find where to correct this. Thanks

:)

stealth2920, Jun 7, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Naki, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Chrome Update

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Chrome Update

1. Chrome Update - Similar Threads - Chrome Update

2. Chrome update / remove issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome update / remove issue: My Chrome wont update and I cant remove it either.In browser the update says: Fail when checking updates fault code 1: 0X80004005 -- system level. More info Version 122.0.6261.129. Uninstall says: Problem with windows installer package. A program required for this install to...
  3. Chrome update / remove issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome update / remove issue: My Chrome wont update and I cant remove it either.In browser the update says: Fail when checking updates fault code 1: 0X80004005 -- system level. More info Version 122.0.6261.129. Uninstall says: Problem with windows installer package. A program required for this install to...
  4. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  5. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  6. Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update: Google chrome browser is not filling the computer screen after installing Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034848. I tried uninstalling and installing it back but did not work. Thank you in advance for the help....
  7. Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update

Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update: Google chrome browser is not filling the computer screen after installing Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034848. I tried uninstalling and installing it back but did not work. Thank you in advance for the help....
  8. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  9. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  10. Why can't I open Chrome in full screen since updating Windows 11 on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open Chrome in full screen since updating Windows 11 on my laptop?: Since installing an update of Windows 11 on my DELL laptop, Google Chrome will only open in small screen and it is off to the right side of the screen. I can make it full screen by pressing F11 but want to get back to being able to open it full screen automatically. Please...