Windows 10: Chrome will finally support Windows 10’s best network feature to save data

Discus and support Chrome will finally support Windows 10’s best network feature to save data in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 allows you to force your computer to use “Metered connection” mode that reduces data usage and the feature is useful when users are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 17, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome will finally support Windows 10’s best network feature to save data

Windows 10 allows you to force your computer to use “Metered connection” mode that reduces data usage and the feature is useful when users are connected to a mobile network or Wi-Fi network with a limited amount of data.

Unfortunately, Google Chrome doesn’t respect Windows 10’s metered connection and it cannot reduce bandwidth usage or enable data saving mode whenever you’re connected to the networks you designate as ‘metered’.

On Android, Chromium is able to understand when a network is cellular and takes various actions based on that. For example, downloads and prerender/prefetch both adhere to this, among other things. In a new Chromium commit, Microsoft noted that it wants to ensure metered networks are properly addressed in Windows 10.

Chrome will finally support Windows 10’s best network feature to save data Metered-connection.jpg

Windows comes with both metered Wi-Fi network and a non-metered cellular network, but neither of these features is supported by Chromium desktop version. In fact, Chrome OS does seem to handle this better than Chrome for Windows.

Windows 10 has a WinRT API to enable support for metered connection detection in apps, such as Microsoft Store, but Chromium is currently not using the WinRT API.

To enable support for detecting Windows 10 metered networks when you’re using Google Chrome, Edge or any other Chromium browser, Microsoft is now adding “GetConnectionCost” to the NetworkChangeNotifier class and this will work without WinRT API.

This code change will enable a new system that can differentiate between cellular versus non-cellular networks, which is essentially the same as how Windows 10’s metered connection feature works.

“This change updates the NetworkChangeNotifierWin class to retrieve the metered network status and register for updates from the OS. It also creates an Observer class similar to the other existing ones to notify other components when it changes”, Microsoft noted.

According to the telemetry data shared by Microsoft, more than one percent of wireless connections are marked “metered” on Windows 10. Interestingly, 35% of all machines have at least one saved connection marked as metered.

Overall, Microsoft claims that Chromium browsers should support metered connections to meet customers demand.

It’s also worth noting that Windows 10 currently comes with another feature that allows users to throttle bandwidth usage, but the feature currently works with Windows Update or Microsoft Store only, and it looks like Microsoft is not planning to bring it to other apps.

The post Chrome will finally support Windows 10’s best network feature to save data appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Download Popup Window Not Using Default Language in Window 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to try using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and check if the issue persists in these browsers.

If the issue persists follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Step 2: How to reset Internet Explorer settings.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

If the issue is specific to Chrome then I suggest you to contact Google Chrome support
    from the link below.

Google Chrome Help

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Chrome will finally support Windows 10’s best network feature to save data - Similar Threads - Chrome finally support

2. Windows 11's final "Moment Update" has these new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's final "Moment Update" has these new features: Microsoft is preparing the fifth Moment Update for its Windows 11 operating system. Currently available in the Release Preview channel, Moment Update 5 is included in the February 2024 optional updates for Windows 11. Then in March 2024, it will be released as part of the...
  3. "Save Background As" Feature for Chrome & Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    "Save Background As" Feature for Chrome & Edge?: I'm trying to save a protected image from the UK consumer site Which? which contains their test reports. I can do this in Internet Explorer using the option Save Background As then do whatever I want want with the image file. Is there a way of doing this with Chrome or Edge?...
  4. Windows 10’s best security feature Sandbox is getting a performance upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s best security feature Sandbox is getting a performance upgrade: Windows Sandbox is one of the best security features for anyone who has ever downloaded a suspicious file but didn’t want to run it on their system or set up a virtual test machine. Windows Sandbox was added to Windows 10 with May 2019 Update and it basically allows users to...
  5. Windows 10’s best feature will remain exclusive to some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s best feature will remain exclusive to some devices: Windows 10 now does a great job of enabling closer integration between mobile and desktops. While the iOS version of the Your Phone app remains limited, Android users are allowed to mirror their phone screen, sync clipboard content, and stream Android apps on the desktop....
  6. 7 Best Time-Saving Windows 10's Tricks, Tips, and Tweaks - 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    7 Best Time-Saving Windows 10's Tricks, Tips, and Tweaks - 2020: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gnaneshwar_Gaddam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixt3wm/7_best_timesaving_windows_10s_tricks_tips_and/
  7. How Can I Save Data on Windows 10 O/S?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Can I Save Data on Windows 10 O/S?: Hi, I use Windows 10 O/S and I share internet connection from my mobile phone. As I am using mobile data I have a limit of internet maximum 1GB/day. I think Windows 10 is consuming a lot of mobile data. So what should I do to restrict Windows 10 from using my mobile data?...
  8. Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets Microsoft’s power saving feature

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets Microsoft’s power saving feature: Earlier this year, Microsoft launched a new version of its Edge browser built on open-source Chromium platform. Microsoft has repeated its assertion from last year that it is very interested in contributing to the Chromium open source project and make Chromium-based browsers...
  9. Windows 10’s Edge gets new features, Windows Spellchecker support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Edge gets new features, Windows Spellchecker support: Microsoft has released a new Dev and Canary build of Microsoft Edge, and while the focus has been mostly on improvements, the update introduces a few new features. Microsoft Edge Dev Build 77.0.230.2 introduces a new security feature for the extensions and the Canary update...
  10. Chrome to support Windows 10’s system styling for captions in videos

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome to support Windows 10’s system styling for captions in videos: In late 2018, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10’s Edge will become a Chromium-based browser and the current version of Edge will be replaced in a future release. For users, this means that the development of Edge browser will advance faster than before and Microsoft’s...