Windows 10: Chrome will not consistently start Windows 10

Discus and support Chrome will not consistently start Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Something in this new windows 10 machine a Dell XPS 15 9500 is preventing Google Chrome for starting. When I double click the icon on the desktop, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimCallahan3, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Chrome will not consistently start Windows 10

Something in this new windows 10 machine a Dell XPS 15 9500 is preventing Google Chrome for starting.

When I double click the icon on the desktop, I get a small spinning circle then nothing happens.

I think it is a security / firewall feature of windows 10 or some bloatware that Dell pre-loaded.

If I re-name the Chrome.exe application Chrome1.exe it will run every time, but this causes other problems.

TimC

:)

TimCallahan3, Oct 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Chrome will not consistently start Windows 10

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Chrome will not consistently start Windows 10

1. Chrome will not consistently start Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome consistently start

2. Network Consistently drops on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Consistently drops on windows 10: Hello, I have been having this issue since around mid november of last year 2023 where i connect to a network and it drops about 10 seconds later. I've tried uninstalling the driver, downloading the driver from the manufacturers website, turning off power management,...
  3. Network Consistently drops on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Consistently drops on windows 10: Hello, I have been having this issue since around mid november of last year 2023 where i connect to a network and it drops about 10 seconds later. I've tried uninstalling the driver, downloading the driver from the manufacturers website, turning off power management,...
  4. Consistent BSOD/Restart on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Consistent BSOD/Restart on Windows 10: Hello, This is my first time posting about an issue on this forum, so I will try to format this properly to the best of my ability.Almost 2 years ago, I made a new pc with all new parts- minus the GPU and my power supply. Everything was running fine, but after a month or so I...
  5. Consistent BSOD/Restart on Windows 10

Consistent BSOD/Restart on Windows 10: Hello, This is my first time posting about an issue on this forum, so I will try to format this properly to the best of my ability.Almost 2 years ago, I made a new pc with all new parts- minus the GPU and my power supply. Everything was running fine, but after a month or so I...
  6. Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro: HelloMy PC has been consistently crashing so I ran the sfc /scannow command and it said it found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!...
  7. Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro

Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro: HelloMy PC has been consistently crashing so I ran the sfc /scannow command and it said it found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!...
  8. Chrome starts slowly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome starts slowly: Hello, Recently my Google Chrome browser has begun taking a few seconds to start up. I believe the problem started with a recent Windows Update. I think it was the following update, but I am not sure: KB5003173. Before the update Chrome took maybe 2 seconds to start the first...
  9. Why aren't Windows Start Menu Shortcuts Consistent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why aren't Windows Start Menu Shortcuts Consistent?: <p>On the Start Menu, I have many Microsoft Applications.&nbsp; However, some say "Microsoft App Name" while other say "App Name."&nbsp; Check out the image below:</p><p></p><p><a...
  10. Chrome causing windows 1809 to crash consistently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome causing windows 1809 to crash consistently: 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) I'll be using chrome just fine then i'll get a green screen of death PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA It seems to happen whenever i open chrome back up and i get the pop up that says chrome crashed, so i want to restore the previous...