Windows 10: Chrome window open in all multiple desktops?

Discus and support Chrome window open in all multiple desktops? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I like to create new desktops to separate the windows based on their subjects, i.e. entertainment and work. When I do this on my laptop, it works as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shloopdacoophoop, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Chrome window open in all multiple desktops?

I like to create new desktops to separate the windows based on their subjects, i.e. entertainment and work. When I do this on my laptop, it works as expected and opens a fresh new desktop with nothing in it, but when I do the same thing with my PC, the old chrome window with all its tabs is already in the new desktop that I just made. All changes that I make to the chrome window in the new desktop transfers over to the chrome window in the original desktop, i.e. if i close the chrome window in the new desktop, the other chrome window will close too.

This means I cannot have separate chrome windows in the 2 desktops for different things. Chrome is the only app that behaves like this when I create the new desktop.

What's wrong with my PC?

submitted by /u/shloopdacoophoop
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shloopdacoophoop, Nov 26, 2019
  2. xypha Win User

Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.<br>
    SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.<br>
    I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

Chrome window open in all multiple desktops? AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1<br>
    If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2<br>
    If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first used on. Microsoft, *please* let us use the same applications on different desktops.

So here is the thing: the entire point about using multiple desktops is that we get to separate our windows into different "activities". One Ubuntu, for example, I use a desktop for work and another for personal things so that I don't have to deal with all
    of them when I'm working.

On windows this is a hassle.

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue I'm facing:

• Open Google Chrome on a desktop.
    • Make a new desktop (Win + Ctrl + D, or go to task view and click "New Desktop")
    • Open Google Chrome again in the new desktop.
    Now, you would want Windows to open a new Google Chrome window on the new desktop -- because of course, we could use Chrome for several things and we'd want to separate the stuff related to work from other things such as watching a random music video. This
    should be simple, right? Not with Windows.

Instead of creating a new application window in the new desktop, Windows takes me back to the
    original desktop where the application was first opened.

It's just very annoying to see how Windows missed a very simple thing.
    No one
    -- and I repeat, no-one uses multiple desktops to separate applications. We use multiple desktops to separate use-cases! This problem has been here for years and several others have pointed it out -- but it's 2018 and there's
    still no fix yet.

Peace10295, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Chrome window open in all multiple desktops?

i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Chrome window open in all multiple desktops?

1. Chrome window open in all multiple desktops? - Similar Threads - Chrome window open

2. Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening: Hello,Hoping someone can help me.My laptop has stopped opening desktop icons - if I go to the start menu I can open the apps e.g. Chrome there.When I try and open folders, it isn't happening just get the loading circle or if it is, very rarely are things loading - this could...
  3. Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening: Hello,Hoping someone can help me.My laptop has stopped opening desktop icons - if I go to the start menu I can open the apps e.g. Chrome there.When I try and open folders, it isn't happening just get the loading circle or if it is, very rarely are things loading - this could...
  4. Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-the-same-application-on-a-different/07093262-b6e8-4619-9b2a-2ad42981d9a5Can you really not fix this?...
  5. Windows 11: Alt+Tab with multiple Chrome windows open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Alt+Tab with multiple Chrome windows open: I have the following windows open in a Windows 11 desktop:3 Google Chrome windows one with two tabs1 Excel 2010 window with 3 workbooks open1 Windows Explorer window1 Adobe Acrobat window 1 document tab openThe focus is on the Excel window.I press Alt+Tab. This brings 1 of...
  6. Windows 11: Alt+Tab with multiple Chrome windows open

Windows 11: Alt+Tab with multiple Chrome windows open: I have the following windows open in a Windows 11 desktop:3 Google Chrome windows one with two tabs1 Excel 2010 window with 3 workbooks open1 Windows Explorer window1 Adobe Acrobat window 1 document tab openThe focus is on the Excel window.I press Alt+Tab. This brings 1 of...
  7. all the other apps except chrome is not opening

all the other apps except chrome is not opening: I have recently been experiencing te problem that all the other apps except chrome is not opening. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps/cc058a96-02dc-4637-b177-d4fe2ab33329
  8. open a folder on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    open a folder on multiple desktops: Hello, I am trying to use my various desktops for different tasks, but some base folders I need on all desktops. How can I get windows to allow me to open those on all desktops without suddenly switching desktops on me when I am just trying to open a new folder? I have...
  9. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  10. Desktop icons open in Google Chrome

Desktop icons open in Google Chrome: Desk top icons open/shortcuts go to Google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-open-in-google-chrome/623c3d54-bd7f-489e-9e69-a3c07466eeb4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows multiple desktops firefox