Windows 10: Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

Discus and support Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SirChick, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SirChick Win User

Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

Hello

I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right clicking it and then choosing chrome within the menu - kinda annoying.

Is there a way to change this behaviour so it will just launch the browser when I click it ?

:)

SirChick, Aug 7, 2015

2. Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Aug 7, 2015
  3. HoanCu Win User
    Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Hi,

Follow these simple steps:

1. Open Chrome

2. After having 2 Chrome icon, Unpin the icon that's not open

3. Right click the other, choose pin from taskbar

Next time you click Chrome it won't appear 2 icon on the taskbar.

Hopefully it works for you.

Dears

HoanCu, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

1. Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar - Similar Threads - Chrome won't launch

2. Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.: As said in the title, whenever I try to move a tab within Chrome, it won't move around. The same happens with my taskbar icons. However, I can move entire Chrome windows, just not the tab itself....
  3. Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.: As said in the title, whenever I try to move a tab within Chrome, it won't move around. The same happens with my taskbar icons. However, I can move entire Chrome windows, just not the tab itself....
  4. Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.: Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on windows 10.When i spam click on it, it works after a dozen of clicks and starts a single tab, then it crashes whenever it...
  6. chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep: Just recently about every four times I bring the laptop out of sleep chrome won't launch. I found a website that told me to check the task manager and if it is there to "end task". and then it launches fine. When I look in the task manager I find two google chromes that are...
  7. File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.: Hi, I have a very peculiar situation where File Explorer launches itself when I open Edge from a pin on the task bar. If I go to the Start menu and open Edge, only edge opens. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning Edge to the taskbar, but the issue returns. Any ideas?? 127463
  8. Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar: I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned...
  9. Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly: i can create a Chrome taskbar Icon by right clicking the chrome.exe file. When I first launch Chrome using the taskbar icon it launches as it should. However, for reasons unknown to me, after a period of time the Chrome Taskbar icon loses its functionally and I get the...
  10. Laptop Won't Launch Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Laptop Won't Launch Chrome: Had no problem for 2 years launching Chrome on my laptop. All of a sudden it won't open. Does anyone have any ideas/solutions? 45326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome wont launch from taskbar

2. chrome launches to tasbar only

3. chrome pin on taskbar wont open