Windows 10: Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

Discus and support Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SirChick, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SirChick Win User

Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

Hello

I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right clicking it and then choosing chrome within the menu - kinda annoying.

Is there a way to change this behaviour so it will just launch the browser when I click it ?

:)

SirChick, Aug 7, 2015

2. Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Aug 7, 2015
  3. HoanCu Win User
    Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Hi,

Follow these simple steps:

1. Open Chrome

2. After having 2 Chrome icon, Unpin the icon that's not open

3. Right click the other, choose pin from taskbar

Next time you click Chrome it won't appear 2 icon on the taskbar.

Hopefully it works for you.

Dears

HoanCu, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

1. Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar - Similar Threads - Chrome won't launch

2. Pinning to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning to Taskbar: While trying to pin something to the Taskbar, I accidently removed File Explorer from the Taskbar. How to I pin it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-to-taskbar/3c7c361f-b7b3-4180-89f5-4f778ea32952
  3. File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.: Hi, I have a very peculiar situation where File Explorer launches itself when I open Edge from a pin on the task bar. If I go to the Start menu and open Edge, only edge opens. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning Edge to the taskbar, but the issue returns. Any ideas?? 127463
  4. Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart: This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop. I have always been able to pin Google Chrome to my taskbar without issue. Now when I pin it, the shortcut icon shows up for that session, but dissapears when I...
  5. Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar: I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned...
  6. Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly: i can create a Chrome taskbar Icon by right clicking the chrome.exe file. When I first launch Chrome using the taskbar icon it launches as it should. However, for reasons unknown to me, after a period of time the Chrome Taskbar icon loses its functionally and I get the...
  7. Laptop Won't Launch Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Laptop Won't Launch Chrome: Had no problem for 2 years launching Chrome on my laptop. All of a sudden it won't open. Does anyone have any ideas/solutions? 45326
  8. Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?: I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar buttons: Never combine", but it makes no difference) 1. On one machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon expands that pinned icon...
  9. Folders I Add Won't Stay Pinned To Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders I Add Won't Stay Pinned To Quick Launch: I upgraded Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro and I find that when I pin folders to the Quick Access, that they disappear from there the next time I start my laptop. Any help with this please? 21363
  10. Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added: Just as the title says, the Chrome shortcut isn't staying pinned to the taskbar. Something of note is that upon logging in, it's there for a few moments, only to remove itself. It's also reappearing on the Recently Added list in the start menu upon startup, even though I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome pin on taskbar wont open