Windows 10: Chrome

Discus and support Chrome in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After your last update Google Chrome will not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome/d1098124-6640-40b8-beb8-6941bbb8236f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidHeilman1, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Chrome

After your last update Google Chrome will not open!

:)

DavidHeilman1, Nov 14, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Chrome

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Chrome

1. Chrome - Similar Threads - Chrome

2. Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.: I initiated Chrome with verbose logging activated within a Windows container at 17:41:41. Subsequently, I examined the timestamp of the earliest log entry, which showed 17:41:50. This indicates that Chrome took 9 seconds before generating its initial log line.Further...
  3. Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.: I initiated Chrome with verbose logging activated within a Windows container at 17:41:41. Subsequently, I examined the timestamp of the earliest log entry, which showed 17:41:50. This indicates that Chrome took 9 seconds before generating its initial log line.Further...
  4. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  5. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  6. Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  7. Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...

Why does the Windows Explorer window and/or google Chrome repeatedly after 1 in 5 restarts...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  8. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  9. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  10. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome to phone