Windows 10: Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working

Discus and support Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a chromebook bought over 2 years ago from best buy online. Its a chromebook 14' celeron processor with 32gb ssd and 4gb ram. I notice not long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulyjustin, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working

I have a chromebook bought over 2 years ago from best buy online. Its a chromebook 14' celeron processor with 32gb ssd and 4gb ram. I notice not long ago when i pressed certain number keys... 1 2 3 4, it would not work. I have to press it really hard to get it to work.

Well now... i cannot get any of these numbers to work. My issue? When i log into my gmail accounts on the chromebook, my password contains those numbers. Thus i cannot log into my chromebook. What i then did was went on my regular computer and changed the password for one of the email addresses i use to log into the chromebook... thus changed my password for that gmail account. When i then log into my gmail account on chromebook, it lets me log in... but then it ask for my old password. The issue is i can't type my password because it contains those numbers... so only option is forgot password. It seems to tell me no issue but then everything will be deleted except sync data and something else?

So that mean if i go okay... that mean any files/videos i have on my chromebook will be completely wiped? If so, i dont want to do that. I have a few gmail accounts i log into my chromebook in and i have tons of web pages that are opened and bookmarks saved. So that means i would completely lose all of that as well?

Does anyone have ideas on what i can do? Its only those number keys... everything else works. Is my keyboard malfunction for only those keys? Do i need to buy a new keyboard? The thing is i want to have access to my a few of my gmail log in accoutns when i log in the chromebook because i have lot of videos saved and pictures and also... lot of chrome tabs and bookmarks.

Anyone can give me feedback on what to do here? Im upset because i had this issue few times and i thought i might as well change the password from these numbers but didn't do it. Now i cannot press any of these numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if i could fix this by buying a new keyboard? The issue is this chromebook is 2 years old... i bought it under 300 dollars. I mean its probably worth $200 new now at the most. But i dont want to spend another few hundred on it.

The other thing is this... is it possible to connect a wired keyboard to the usb port... then type using the keyboard? That way i can log into my gmail account and change the password without those numbers?

:)

paulyjustin, Mar 24, 2020

2. Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working

I have a chromebook bought over 2 years ago from best buy online. Its a chromebook 14' celeron processor with 32gb ssd and 4gb ram. I notice not long ago when i pressed certain number keys... 1 2 3 4, it would not work. I have to press it really hard to get it to work.

Well now... i cannot get any of these numbers to work. My issue? When i log into my gmail accounts on the chromebook, my password contains those numbers. Thus i cannot log into my chromebook. What i then did was went on my regular computer and changed the password for one of the email addresses i use to log into the chromebook... thus changed my password for that gmail account. When i then log into my gmail account on chromebook, it lets me log in... but then it ask for my old password. The issue is i can't type my password because it contains those numbers... so only option is forgot password. It seems to tell me no issue but then everything will be deleted except sync data and something else?

So that mean if i go okay... that mean any files/videos i have on my chromebook will be completely wiped? If so, i dont want to do that. I have a few gmail accounts i log into my chromebook in and i have tons of web pages that are opened and bookmarks saved. So that means i would completely lose all of that as well?

Does anyone have ideas on what i can do? Its only those number keys... everything else works. Is my keyboard malfunction for only those keys? Do i need to buy a new keyboard? The thing is i want to have access to my a few of my gmail log in accoutns when i log in the chromebook because i have lot of videos saved and pictures and also... lot of chrome tabs and bookmarks.

Anyone can give me feedback on what to do here? Im upset because i had this issue few times and i thought i might as well change the password from these numbers but didn't do it. Now i cannot press any of these numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if i could fix this by buying a new keyboard? The issue is this chromebook is 2 years old... i bought it under 300 dollars. I mean its probably worth $200 new now at the most. But i dont want to spend another few hundred on it.

The other thing is this... is it possible to connect a wired keyboard to the usb port... then type using the keyboard? That way i can log into my gmail account and change the password without those numbers?

paulyjustin, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working

I recently threw out an HP Stream Notebook for similar reason, the 8/*, i/I, k/K It and ,/< keys didn't work. It wasn't cost-effective to fix it, could get a new one cheaper. It had Windows on it.

Berton, Mar 24, 2020
  4. spapakons Win User

These symptoms (some keys not working) are also common on laptops and indicate rather dirty or damaged keys. You could try to use a spray to blow any dirt away, but this is usually not enough. If the problem persists then you either replace the internal keyboard or connect an external USB keyboard and use that instead. There are also some foldable keyboards that you can easily carry with you.

spapakons, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working - Similar Threads - Chromebook Certain Key

2. Number keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number keys not working: I have a sumsung laptop and everything was working fine yesterday. Today, certain number keys and the caps lock are disabled. I have checked the drives and settings and everything seems correct....
  3. Number keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number keys not working: I have a sumsung laptop and everything was working fine yesterday. Today, certain number keys and the caps lock are disabled. I have checked the drives and settings and everything seems correct....
  4. Certain keys not working most of the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain keys not working most of the time.: So with this Lenovo laptop, I've been encountering a problem where keys g, h, Esc, PgUp take a lot of clicks before finally inputting it. For example is when I try to press g, it doesn't show up, but suddenly after 5-10 seconds, the number of g's I pressed appears inside the...
  5. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  6. Shift key isn't working with certain keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key isn't working with certain keys: Today when i turned on my laptop and went to write an essay, i noticed that certain keys don't work with the shift key. i don't have sticky keys on, but when i do turn that on these keys work just fine. The keys that the shift key doesn't work on includes c, e, i, m, o, p, q,...
  7. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...
  8. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Certain keys on the keyboard stopped working, I recently got a new K602 Keyboard, All of the keys used to work howerver certain keys stopped working I think it may have something to do with drivers,[ATTACH]...
  9. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Only keys like 9, 0, o, j, n not working while the rest still works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-on-keyboard-not-working/26b953e3-de17-464c-b1d6-b07212a046bc
  10. Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromebook Certain Key Numbers Not Working: I have a chromebook bought over 2 years ago from best buy online. Its a chromebook 14' celeron processor with 32gb ssd and 4gb ram. I notice not long ago when i pressed certain number keys... 1 2 3 4, it would not work. I have to press it really hard to get it to work. Well...